The Saul

Oracion's POV

Continuing our exploration along the Veil, I walk with an arm dangled outside of it, trying to become familiar with the crystalized sensation it courses through my skin.

"That satisfying you?" Requis asks.

"Kind of" I quickly answer.

"Worrying you?" She asks again.

"Still? Yeah." I confirm. Unable to properly think for myself for why I in particular would be forgotten by Letha...would anyone else forget me. 'Would Freya forget me? Aeron?' The thoughts painfully run through my head like an infection as I tense my grasp from the Veil becoming denser.

Requis places a hand on my shoulder as if knowing my mind was phasing out, "If we keep going any further, we're going to run into an off-limits area, are you sure you want to keep going?" She looks ahead to the small cave entrance that I'm well aware goes deep into the ground. A place we refer to as the ruins, something that the people before us used to worship their beliefs within and what not.

"At this point, I need something to distract myself, and I'm pretty sure being told off by Xandier would do exactly that." I smile a little before moving forward without her.

Despite my forward pacing in walking first towards the cave, a 6th sense of sorts kind of overwhelms me as we both stare into the eerie dark. Each glisten of sunlight seemingly snatched and swallowed by the shadows inside. "Ladies first?" I gesture to her with a bright smile.

She slaps my shoulder aggressively with an even bigger smile, "Go on then" pushing me slightly in despite our lack of torches. "I won't tell Freya if you won't" She echoes through despite being just behind me, crumbling pieces of the rocky wall from her voice alone.

"Maybe we shouldn't be talking?" She once again, says in the same exact pitch and resulting in the same reaction from the cave.

Prompting me to cover her lips with my hand in order to silence her, at least I'm praying those were her lips. "K" She murmurs once I release her, catching the memo as we venture a tiny bit more forward.

A glimpse of some sort of light traces the walls, a vine that illuminates itself and runs across the wall as a sort of guidance. I take this opportunity to hold Requis' hand in case we get lost. Gripping it tightly as we follow it along, my body feeling a turn within the cave but my body unable to tell the truth.

"I think I see something..." She whispers

I don't answer, instead speeding up from my need to get out of the dark as soon as possible. Forward, we face a wooden door with a light shining from under it. Immediately opening it up and revealing a room without an obvious shadow. Covered in vines that almost point to the large wall sized tablet.

As quickly as my breath of relief came, it left me. A deep but familiar voice calls from Requis' place as I let go of her hand and jump to the middle of the room. "Oracion." Xandier comments, walking in front of me casually.

"Requis?" I announce.

"There." He points behind him, showing that while I held his hand, he held her hand...questionable.

"Hi" She waves with a little jump, pretending she's in the distance.

"These caves were made to confuse those who may intrude. A material of rock that's seemingly meant to crumble to those uninvited." He folds his arms, looking directly at the large tablet.

"So you're not mad?" I sneak just beside him, gazing up at his determined stare.

"Exponentially" He calmly states. "But if you made it here, you were meant to be here." He says with a little bit of confusion.