Chapter 24

There are a very few people that I would openly talk about my past relationship and marriage with as people like to twist things. I wanted to open about things on a platform where I would feel safe and secure so I was delighted to have Sam Jones from the Off Camera show reach out to me.

"Contrary to what people may think or know, I am only forty one years old so I am relatively young." I laugh to myself. "People make me out to be a whole lot older because my oldest is twenty three years old but I'm still young."

"You are young but I think that people assume you're older because of your wisdom." Sam comments and I nod my head in agreement. "You have always been wise beyond your years from the moment that you entered the industry. People don't understand that when you come into a world like this, you have to grow up a lot faster than the average person your age would."

"It's true." I pause for a moment. "I was making a lot of adult decisions from a young age and I remember going through the home ownership process at the age of thirteen because I could afford to."

Sam shakes his head, "The sad part about that is that it still happens today because people are becoming famous from social media."

"Yup."

"You were a very popular child star until you came under fire in 1996 after announcing your relationship with a then 29 year old, Jeffrey Dean Morgan." He looks at me as I slowly nod my head. "You were a 17 year old actress who had just won Miss USA not even a year prior when you were suddenly involved with a much older man."

"One of the craziest years of my life." I comment while rubbing my hands together. "In hindsight, it all sounds crazy now but times were much different then."

"How did you meet Jeffrey Dean Morgan?"

"I had previously known Jeffrey because we had worked together on a show when I was younger but it wasn't a thing where we kept in touch or anything

"I had previously known Jeffrey because we had worked together on a show when I was younger but it wasn't a thing where we kept in touch or anything. That show that we worked on had a lot of cast members so it's not something that I remember much about because there was no interaction or acknowledgment outside of us appearing on the same show." I lick my lips. "The first that I actually met Jeffrey was back in 1995 when I won Miss USA which was a pretty big deal at the time."

"How did it go from greeting eachother after the show to dating?"

"I was seventeen at the time but as you said I did appear a lot older so I don't know if he really knew my age until after news got out. There was a mutual interest in eachother when we first meet at Miss Universe so we exchanged numbers, went on a few dates and suddenly we were in a relationship." I smile at the memory. "Going public was not something that I really wanted to do because I had got into a lot of shit for my previous relationship so we waited until I was eighteen to say something."

"You previously dated another known actor ten years your senior when you were sixteen."

I nod my head, "Mr Shemar Moore. Our relationship was all over the tabloids due to our age difference and that ultimately played a part in why we ended things."