Chapter 23

HalleBerry: Introducing you to the Berry-Morgan farm

1,000,000 likes ~ 7,000 comments

---

Jeffrey had been eager to start a farm when we started settling down with our family but we had three daughters at the time and not enough stability in our lives to have one. Owning a farm was never a dream of mine and I didn't want to deal with animals breaking into our home at all times of the night or attracting coyotes to our property.

Balancing a full time acting career with three young daughters was not easy so my main priority was being a mom and still trying to do what I loved. Jeffrey was constantly travelling around the country with his job so starting a farm would not have worked out for us because there would be no one available to deal with everything that comes with having a farm.

I am aware that Jeffrey has a farm with his former wife but that has nothing to do with me so I have never asked about it. All I know is that he is going on about having one since we are practically living together and his previous home with the farm is all the way in New York.

We had several conversations about the farm life over the past week before Jeffrey went ahead and bought the plot of land surrounding my own. I did not want to turn my backyard into the farm because I have worked on it for a over a decade and I will not destroy my hard work for the sake of Jeffrey's dream.

Jeffrey and I have a few days off so we decided to make the trip back to LA to start making plans about this new venture of ours. Since we are currently filming in Georgia, nothing major will be happening outside of us buying equipments and getting the soil treated.

"It's perfect." Jeffrey smiles as he takes one last look around the land that he bought. "I remember always thinking that this space would be perfect for a farm but then we had the neighbours from hell."

I laugh at the memory, "They bought this plot so they could build a mini nightclub for themselves."

"Thank God the city shut that down otherwise we would have had to leave or bought ourselves a shotgun." He wraps his arm around me. "It feels good to be back in our forever home with my dream land."

"Back in your forever home?" I give him a sly look. "You're still a guest in casa de Berry."

Jeffrey smiles warmly at me but I can see the sadness in his eyes, "A man can dream."

"