Chapter 5

JeffreyDeanMorgan: Hilarie is truly one of the greatest woman that I have ever met

JeffreyDeanMorgan: Hilarie is truly one of the greatest woman that I have ever met. Her kindness, humility and generosity never fails to surprise me. I was blessed to have spent 7 magical years with her. She is one heck of a wife and a beautiful mother. I will always love and have respect for her and we will continue to do the best for our son. Unfortunately we just won't be coming home to eachother but she is still my bestfriend. Everybody wants to know why we divorced and truthfully, we fell out of love with eachother. We tried to make things work but we realised that we are better together as friends and I will continue to wish her the very best with her life.

1,000,506 likes ~ disabled comments

---

"We were approached with this script and it seems really promising." My agent tells me as he slides the script over to me. "We have a great team of directors, writers and producers on board."

"Ok, sounds good." I say as I read the synopsis. I find myself flipping through the draft and I start making notes on the script. When you are at my level of success, every script is considered a draft and until you say it's the one.

 When you are at my level of success, every script is considered a draft and until you say it's the one

"Since you've been filming, we started casting the roles and we have found our lead male." My agent looks at my face and I raise a brow at him. "We just wanted you to have a look at this because we think you would be perfect as the lead female."

I give him a weird look, "So, what's the problem?"

He says nothing and I purse my lips at him.

"Who is the lead male?" I ask him. I don't like when people waste my time, if you have something to say then you better get the words out.

"Jeffrey Dean Morgan." He mutters.

"Absolutely not." I push the script. "Oh hell no."

"Come on Halle, this movie will be perfect way to have a comeback in the cinematic world."

"Are you crazy?" I turn to him with a incredulous look on my face. "He can stay casted but I will not be starring in it with him. I am already working with him on The Walking Dead and that is enough for me."

My agent goes to say something but I leave the office. The script does seem to be very good but what people don't understand is that I did not speak or see my ex husband for seven years. I have only begun seeing him because we are working together. There have been numerous occasions when I have turned down movie roles because Jeffrey was part of the cast.

All of this is very overwhelming. 

Just as I am making my way to my car, I spot a certain someone getting out of their truck. 

"Oh fuck no." I curse under my breath.

"Halle." I pretend not to see him as I carry on to my car. "Halle, wait a second."

"What do you want?" I hiss at him

"I want for you to grow up." He tells me and I narrow my eyes at him. "This hatred that you have for me needs to stop. For the last seven years, I have let you have your way but not anymore."

"What are you talking? I don't hate you."

"Well it sure feels that way." He sighs. "Over the last seven years, we have not attended the same events or parties. To make it worse, our daughters have to celebrate their birthdays and achievements on two separate days because you don't want to be around me. I am well aware of the movie roles that you have given up because you saw me on the sheet. Hell I haven't spoken to you since we divorced. If that doesn't scream hatred then I don't know what does."

"It's just overwhelming." I run a hand through my hair. "Jeffrey, this has not been for me at all. How could I be around the love of my life knowing that he remarried and had a son with somebody else. Did I hate you? Yes I did because you cheated on me and married somebody else so quickly. You got together with Hilarie before we were officially divorced and that hurt me because you found comfort in somebody else."

"What did you expect?" He throws his hands in the air. "You kicked me out of our house and out of your life. You didn't even let me pack up my stuff or make anything easy for me. All the memories that I had of Zeppelin was in that house which you never let me in, all I had was a photo."

My heart breaks as Jeffrey begins to tear up.

"You make think that I broke your heart but you broke mine too. As soon as Zeppelin died, you cut me out of your life and you never let me back in." Tears fall from my eyes. "Now I may have sort comfort in the arms of another and I am deeply sorry for hurting you but..."

I close the gap between us and wrap him up in a hug. 

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." He says as I tighten my hold around him.

"I'm sorry too."

---

Once I get home, I'm surprised to see Zoe in the living room. I haven't seen her much this last few days and it leaves me suspecting that she is seeing somebody new. She doesn't have the best dating history so I'll wait a little bit before I push for information.

"You ok?" She asks me as I put my bag down and I shake my head. "What's wrong?"

 "What's wrong?"

"Your father." I answer as I fall back onto the sofa.

"You finally realised, huh." I look at her confused. "That you are still in love with him."

"I'm not in love with Jeffrey."

Zoe gives me a sad smile, "The tear sliding down your face says otherwise."

Damn.