Chapter 14

HalleBerry: Stronger than I've ever been

1,000,000 likes ~ 11,000 comments

---

For the past week, I have only seen Jeffrey at work and things have been pretty awkward between us. Hilarie and Gus have been staying at his home which has made me stay clear of it although Jeffrey has been encouraging me to meet them.

Hilarie is the one that Jeffrey went to after we divorced and they got pregnant within the year and now that they are divorced, we are back together. The whole thing is really weird and I am not ready to address everything or even have a conversation about it.

Thankfully all of my girls have come to Georgia to visit us and they are all staying at my apartment which is really nice. They did however spend the night at Jeffrey's to spend time with their brother before he left.

Since Jeffrey has a larger space, we may just spend time over there but I'm not sure since things are awkward between us.

"I feel bad that you are staying here alone." Zena looks at me as she holds the lasagna in her hands. "Can't you move in with dad?"

"I like having my own space." I chuckle as I take the lasagna out of her hands as I gesture for her to pick up the plates.

"Why don't you call for you friends to come stay with you?"

"Zena Madison Morgan." I purse my lips at her. "I am fine by myself."

"It's ju--"

"Ah ah." I cut her off. "I love that you girls worry about me but you need to chill. I am forty one years old and I have been an adult since I was a child so believe me when I say that I am ok with being alone."

We walk into the small dining room that I have in my apartment and I set the lasagna down on the middle of the table. Zoe comes up behind me with the garlic bread and salad. 

I start praying over the food as I wait on everyone to arrive for the family dinner.

"This is really good." Jeffrey smiles at me as he helps himself to a second helping. "Good job, Hal."

"Yeah, good job." Zia winks at me.

" Zia winks at me