Chapter 1

CelebrityNews: After 7 years together and 3 years of marriage, Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan have divorced

CelebrityNews: After 7 years together and 3 years of marriage, Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan have divorced. It has been stated that Hilarie will have primary custody over their son Gus seeing as Jeffrey is filming The Walking Dead. Neither party have commented on the divorce. 

Check the link in the bio for more information on the divorce.

10,937 likes ~ 234 comments

---

I put my phone down after reading that short article from Instagram. I'm surprised to find out that they have divorced, I was not even aware that they were separated let alone getting a divorce. 

Jeffrey and I met back in 1995 when I won Miss USA. I was only 17 at the time and not long after we started dating but we kept it quiet since it was going to be considered controversial so we went public in '96 when I was 18. I was already known for being controversial since I dated 26 year old Shemar Moore when I was 16 years old and that relationship didn't last long. So by keeping it private, I wanted to be sure that the relationship would actually last before going public. 

I ended up getting pregnant not long after we went public so we really did have a lot of media attention during the late nineties. A year after I had Zia, I got pregnant with Zoe so we decided to get married. The wedding was beautiful and I was so happy with my life. Zena came two years after we got married. Everyone told me that I ruined my life by having all these kids at a young age but my career was doing exceptionally well and life was perfect. Jeffrey and I ended up being together for a little over sixteen years which people didn't expect.

Zeppelin, our one year old son passed away over 7 years ago and it was such a heartbreaking thing to experience. Then came the cheating allegations so we separated and I suffered a miscarriage so we divorced. A month later he started dating Hilarie Burton and they had been together ever since. They even welcomed their own son during that time.

Zia was more of a daddy's girl so she chose to live with him when we divorced while Zena and Zoe stayed with me. In 2015, I suffered a heart attack and that's only when Zia came to stay with me. She stayed with me for a year and we were able to rebuild our relationship before she began touring the world with her music.

"I didn't know that your father got divorced." I tell Zena as she walks into the kitchen with her mug.

"Yeah." She gives me an awkward look. "He didn't really want anyone knowing about it but if you know then that must mean that it's in the press."

"How are you feeling?" I ask her and she shrugs her shoulders.

"I just want him to be happy so..." She puts her mug in the sink. "It is what it is."

"Do you know why they divorced?"

She just shrugs her shoulders as she opens the fridge so I leave it at that.