Chapter 17

"You killed some of my men." Negan stares down at me as I stand before him.

"You killed some of my people." I spit and he chuckles at my words which angers me.

"Well ain't that a bitch." Negan starts swaying on his feet and I narrow my eyes at him. "I think I like you."

"I think I'm going to kill you." I retort as I get into my fighting stance and the grin on Negan's face fades away as he points Lucille at me.

"Now that's not a very nice thing to say." He leans forward, making Lucille press against my chest. "And I've been pretty considerate. You killed a lot of my men and my people are not happy about that, I'm not happy about."

"So, what are you going to do?" I raise a brow at him.

"Take your mask off." His smile fades completely as I just stare at him. "TAKE THE DAMN MASK OFF!"

"Never." I step back at the same time as he swings his bat and I let out a loud gasp as I feel the cool air on my bare face.

"Now ain't that a pretty face." Negan sneers and my eyes widen as I stare down at my mask which lays on the blood covered floor.

A primal scream escapes my lips, making Negan step back as it increases in volume. I quickly snatch my mask off the floor and put it back on while snarling at Negan.

With my shield back on, I lunge at Negan making us both fall to the ground.

"Never do that again." I hiss at a stunned looking Negan. "The next time we meet, I will be leaving with your head on a pike."

"Spicy."

I try to hold back my laugh but the way Jeffrey is looking at me has me bursting out laughing which makes him laugh. The direct calls cut on the scene as we stay in position, still laughing.

Once we stop, it's only then do I realise that I am still straddling Jeffrey infront of everybody.

"Hey." Jeffrey smiles at me as he rests his hands on the small of my back.

"Hey." I watch as his eyes flicker to my lips. "Are we really doing this?"

Instead of responding with his words, Jeffrey moves one hand to the back of my head and pulls me down for a kiss. I faintly hear people gasp but I pay them no mind as I deepen the kiss.

"If that's the type of kiss that I get for coming into work then baby, I'll be working for the rest of my life." Jeffrey mumbles against my lips.

"Only for you."

Jeffrey's eyes twinkle, "Only you."

---