Chapter 50:Bogeyman's Curse

Ashen closed her eyes as soon she and Pitch left. She felt cold and afraid. She felt like she spun and suddenly, everything stopped. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. At first, there was nothing. Then, she heard voices which were familiar to her. The door in front of her opened and saw a young girl, much younger than her. The small girl looked like 5 years old. She has blond hair and gold eyes. She's also wearing a gold night dress the same color as her hair and eyes. She was running across her room, her bedroom, to be exact. Then a tall, broad, blond haired man came in, chasing the little girl. "I'm coming for you!" said the man. The young girl on the other hand, giggled and ran faster, escaping the man, but he caught her easily. They both laughed jollily. "That's enough, you two! Time for bed." Said a matured woman graciously. She was wearing a velvet gown covering her feet. She walked across the room, almost like gliding. Her smile on her face instantaneously made Ashen like crying. "Alright, alright, my queen Isabelle." Said the man with full respect. "Oh? Already?" said the little girl with a frown. "Yes, my princess. It is time for you to sleep." Said the man with a smile. He kissed his daughter's forehead and tucked her in. He stepped aside as the woman, who obviously is her mother, sat beside her and started singing her a lullaby. The voice of the woman gently stroked Ashen like a fire, warming her heart. She didn't even realize a tear running down her carefully wiped the tear and hugged her daughter. "That's us, isn't it?" Ashen asked with a shaky voice. "Yes. That WAS us." Repeated the Bogeyman. "I'm so sorry Ashen. For not believing and for not being a great dad for you." He added. "You are a great dad. You sacrificed yourself just to save me. This is not your fault. You can still change everything. Right? Dad?" ashen explained. The word "dad" had softened the Nightmare King's heart. He softly touched his daughter's cheek and kissed them. It felt warm, instead of cold for Ashen. "I can't." he answered sadly."The Nightmares control me. It is like they are inside my head. Saying evil things and I can't stop it. I hated the big four my whole life because I'm jealous. Kids love them and me..." he paused. "I'm feared. I knew I had no choice. That is why I have given myself to the nightmares." "There is always a way." Ashen said. "We can help you. I trust you, dad." "If I disobeyed the nightmares, I will die." Said Pitch without looking at is daughter. Ashen was silenced. Her mouth opened. Then she got surprised when everything went dark. The Nightmare King was shouting at someone, but only she and her dad were there. "No! no! Please not now!" shouted Pitch. He swerved and looked at his daughter. Ashen saw fear in her dad's eyes. "Run! Ashen run as fast as you can!" he added and Ashen just stood there frozen. She didn't want to leave her dad, but he was urging her to. Without noticing, Ashen turned and ran. "Be safe and search for me no more... I love you. " A voice echoed in her mind. She cried and closed her eyes. She felt a warm arm around her. She quickly opened her eyes and saw Jef in front of her. "Where have you been?" he asked thoughtfully. "You just came out of the bushes running and crying. Did he hurt you?" "No... he actually saved me from something." She explained. Her mind still befuddled . "From something?" said the surprised North. "Yes. He said someone is controlling him." Answered the girl and everyone fell silent.