Chapter 14: No Turning Back

"What…" whispered the young guardian, stunned and frightened.

"I- I didn't… mean to. Jack I- I'm sorry." You said as you calmed yourself and stared at him.

Jack, with his eyes wide, was still on top of you and he can hear your voice in his head saying that he'll die in six days. In his mind, he doesn't want to die. He doesn't want to leave his mom and little sister. What would become of them when he died? Who will take care of them when he's gone?

"No… that can't be…" he murmured and stared at you.

"You HAVE to die… because if- if you don't…" you sighed and and shook your head slowly, "You wouldn't understand…"

"Why? Why do I-"

"No!" you interrupted and pushed him away, "No more questions! I slipped because of you! And now!..." you stopped and saw that the winter spirit's not himself.

"And now…" you said gently, "Jef's life… is on the line… I don't want… to lose him." You whispered not quite audible for Jack to hear.

"I told you to give up your belief in me 'cause- 'cause I don't want to hurt you! But you insisted and you received it. Now… I'll ask you. What are you going to do?" you said and disturbed the silence,

A frigid, intense wind blew and lasted only for a minute. Jack hugged himself and trembled madly. Feeling cold emotionally and physically. You breathed deeply and tears rolled down your cheeks. You walked to him and knelt in the snow.

The winter spirit didn't bother looking at you, still surprised about the news. Then suddenly you hugged him tightly and muffled him with your caring arms and beautiful wings as you whispered, "Jack…"

The winter spirit closed his surprised eyes gently while feeling your warm embrace. He buried his head in your shoulder and then the cold wind stopped.

"I- I'm scared (F/n)." said the winter spirit.

"I know… but you have to stay strong." You comforted and put your lips on his head.

He looked up at you and touched your face. You grinned at him sweetly and wiped the little tears on his pale cheeks. "You have to do this…"

"I'm scared for me… a little. But I'm more worried about mom and Pippa…" explained the teen and looked at the white, bright snow.

"I know how that feels." You said with a sweet grin on your face.

"You?" said Jack disbelieving what you said.

"Honestly." You responded, "I used to be human…" you added to change the subject and Jack got intrigued.

"Like Santa right?" asked the teen shyly.

You laughed a little and and answered back, "Yes… like Santa. I'm surprised you know stuff about him."

"Of course." Said Jack seriously, "Everyone knows about his tale."

"Tale? He's no fairytale Jack…" you said and wiggled your nose on his brown soft hair and added, "I met him… well kind of met him."

Jack chuckled. "Your embrace is really warm and sweet…" murmured Jack bashfully and blushed.

"Tha- thanks…" you stammered.

Both of you stared at each other and suddenly the young guardian cupped your cheeks with his soft hands and without warning, he kissed your lips and pressed it against yours. You got surprised and tried to stop it but you can't.

You kissed back and he kissed deeper. "Who are you?" asked the winter spirit and kissed you madly.

You didn't respond and let him kissed your lips his way. The young guardian opened his shining brown eyes and broke the kiss. "Who are you?" he asked again and brushed your white hair.

"Why did you kiss a girl you don't know?" you said and laughed.

Jack blushed and can't look at you seriously. You chuckled and kissed the teen's cold cheeks and whispered in his ear.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." You said with a grin.

The young guardian suddenly felt gloomy and you noticed it as soon as you gazed at him. "Do you still want to die?" you asked but in a comforting way trying not to frighten the teen.

"What kind of question is that…" he muttered. "Tell me (F/n)… please I want to know… why do I have to die?"

"Be- because..." you stammered and had doubts to tell him about the consequences. "Jack…" you said heartily and brushed his hair, "If you don't do this… I won't exist."

Jack's mouth was half opened and stared at you for a few seconds then you added, "But I'm more worried about Jef…"

"The kid? Asked the young guardian.

You shook your head and Jack felt puzzled at that time. You grinned and lightly grasped his hands, "MY kid…"

Jack was rather surprised about what you said. He suddenly felt that he should back away from you and he checked the surrounding thinking that your husband was around. Honestly, he was around. He's in front of you staring here and there like a crazy person waiting for someone to hit him in the face.

"Oh… so… you're married… and I just kissed you. Please don't let your husband kill me!" said the winter spirit bashfully and panicked.

You laughed out loud and laid your back in the snow. Jack raised his brow and glanced at you as you laugh yourself out.

"What's funny about that!" yelled Jack, "You think it's funny if I will be killed by your husband?" shouted the winter spirit furiously and that made you laugh even harder.

"O-only" you said trying to catch your breath, "Only if you knew." You said and sat up while chuckling sweetly.

Jack, still perplexed, gave you a mad look and ignored your sweet grin at him. Then you grabbed the winter spirit's cloak and pulled it.

Jack's the one surprised now and he gazed at your aqua colored eyes as you kissed him fervidly again. The winter spirit touched your shoulders and tried to push you away but you kept locking your lips on his until his back made contact with the tree branch behind him.

"Sto- stop (F/n)." said Jack but you kept shutting his mouth shut with yours, "He- he will kill me…"

"No he won't kill you… trust me..." you said and laughed.

"Wh- what do you-"

"Shut up…" you whispered but he keeps fighting.

"So this is how I will-" Jack said but you did it again, "get killed…"

You stopped and stared at him. You remembered that he will die in six days. You breathed deeply and looked at him. Jack knew there's something wrong with the way your eyes gazed at him. He saw sadness and pain in them.

"What's wrong…" whispered the teen and touched your cheeks.

"Aren't you nervous? Be- because I'm nervous for you…" you murmured and touched his cold hands.

There was a silence and the winter spirit kissed your forehead. "Tell me everything… Promise I won't change my mind…"

"Do- don't mind that anymore…" you said and gave a reluctant smile. "It's better if you don't know."