Chapter 47:Out of Time

Alone in her room. Crying. Ashen hasn't eaten at all day since yesterday. Jef kept knocking on her door every hour, but he didn't get anything but his friend's sober as a reply. You, Jack and the big four were trying to figure out what went into the Nightmare King's mind. It's strange, yet, wicked seeing Pitch sad like that. North has been talking to Manny, but for his own entertainment, the man in moon didn't give answers. Jack, with his hood on, was sitting near a window, thinking about the Nightmare King. You've never seen him this serious. You approached him and he gazed at you, feeling that someone was walking towards him. The winter spirit beamed and reached his hand out. "What's bothering you?" you managed to ask with a worried grin. "No­Nothing... It's just... I never thought Pitch has a, you know, lonlely side." He admitted and fondled your hands. "I know... no one wants to be alone right? You heard what Pitch said about his daughter and what he felt. You couldn't blame him to be like this." you continued and fixed your eyes on him. "Are you feeling OK?" he asked, trying to change the subject. You smirked at him and planted a kiss on his pale forehead. "Of course I am... What makes you think I'm not?" you responded and ruffled his snowy hair. "I­ I just... your eyes... I'm worried about you, snowflake." He murmured while observing my blushing face. Jef came back with his head down while entering the room. You saw him expressing a sad smile. Your son glimpsed and uttered a reluctant smile. Jack stood up and walked towards him for company. They talked and talked not really knowing what it's about. You let them be and helped the man in the red suit instead. "So, how is she kiddo?" asked Jack then put his hands on his son's shoulders. "You can talk to me." "It's Ashen. She won't come out of her room." Whispered Jef sadly with a frown on his face."I tried to talk her over but she's not talking to me." "She needs to be alone for a while, Jef." Said the young guardian and grinned, "She'll be alright." The two boys sat somewhere and continued chatting. You were watching them the whole time and didn't realize that North was already talking to you. Blinking twice, you gazed at North and scratched the back of your neck. "Sorry. What was that?" you asked shyly and North gave out a loud guffaw. "I said... what do you think we should do?" Shocked an perplexed. You never thought he'd ask you something like that. "Why me?" you thought. "Er... Uhm... North... Did you just ask me what we should do? Are you asking me for advice?" you asked awkwardly and redness started to spread on your face. "Of course I am! You're from the future and I presume you know what lies ahead." Said North but you're not rather sure what to say. "Well, yes. You're right about one thing. I'm from the future but I'm here... changing the past. I don't know what lies ahead now." You explained and continued to give them more information about your guesses, "We tried getting Pitch and his daughter back together and we don't know what happened to Pitch. And it keeps bothering me... where is the other Pitch?" "They're two Pitches, alright." Said the Easter Bunny, "But maybe.. they share one... feelings? I don­" "Right! You're brilliant Bunnymund! Praised he jolly guardian leader, "The present Pitch must've known what the future Pitch encountered. I'm pretty surprised that there's no trouble for the past two days." "So, you're saying that Pitch really calmed down and what, mate? Felt pain and confusion?" protested Bunnymund. "He's Pitch! The Nightmare King­" "Who lost his daughter. Now that he realized that she's alive, revived by Manny, what do you think he feels?" chimed in the Tooth Fairy who has been listening to us for a while now. "Pitch also has a heart. We all know why he became Pitch." Everyone went silent. They had a flashback of what happened to Pitch. You knew this well because North told you this once. Suddenly, you felt cold inside. You hugged yourself tightly and stared at the others. They don't feel the same way as you do, so... what's happening? "Uh... I­ I need to get something alright? I'll be right back." You said hurriedly and left without hearing their response. You quickly opened and locked your door. You rested your back on it and slowly sat down on the floor. You're still feeling the cold and it's not going away. You stood up with effort but came stumbling down, making a loud bam on the floor. You put your hand on your dizzy forehead and tried to stand up once more. You finally managed to sit on the edge of your bed. Still holding your forehead, you looked at the mirror across from your room and saw something different. Your sight was blurry and you're not sure if this was just an illusion but, your hair turned to your natural color. You shook your head and looked again and saw the same thing. Feeling confused and nervous, you started to hyperventilate. Jack Frost was knocking at your door for quite some time now but, you haven't noticed it. The winter spirit broke our door know and entered inside,with the big four and Jef behind him. They all froze when they saw your hair color. Jack Frost quickly flew next to you and cupped your cheeks. He was talking but can't hear a thing. You slowly closed your (e/y) eyes and dozed off.

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for a long time :( I don't have time to write... I hope you'll accept my apology. I'll update more chapters tonight thanks. oh btw THANKS FOR THE VOTES AND COMMENTS, so Overwhelming so yeah. thanks i love you guys