Chapter 44: Cheer Up

"What happened?" North quickly asked after Jack put you in bed in your room. Everyone wanted to know that question. The two kids, however, was guarded by the Tooth fairy in your son's room. Bunnymund, Sand and North waited for Jack's , the winter spirit faced them and breathed deeply for luck.

"It was Pitch." Whispered Jack, "But he's not alone." He added and they all gazed at each other.

"What do you mean he's not alone?" asked the Easter Bunny with a curious look on his face, "Who's with him?"

"Him." Responded Jack and rested his staff on his shoulder. "Pitch brought him to help him." He said trying to make the situation more complicated.

"What?" they all said in unison.

"They're two Pitches, alright! Two!" shouted Jack forgetting you're sleeping.

The three guardians' eyes widened in surprise and fear. They stared at the winter spirit then, the Sandman and Bunnymund passed the gaze to the leader.

"Pitch copied himself?" asked the Easter Bunny but North was too scared to respond. "Jack? Are you serious about this? Maybe it was a trick or something. It's not possible for-"

"It's not a trick, a dream or hallucination, Bunnymund." Jack chimed in. "I know it's real and Snowflake might know the reason why. Yes, she was surprised when she saw two of them but not puzzled about how it happened." Explained the young guardian formally and sat on the edge of your bed.

"She called the other one past Pitch." He continued. "I don't know what that meant…"

Suddenly, Jack heard you moan. He quickly went to you and cupped your cheeks. He planted a light kiss on your forehead and stared at your face. You slowly opened your eyes and the winter spirit uttered a light gasp. You gingerly sat up, with a little help from Jack, and saw the three guardians. You gazed at the room and noticed that the two kids weren't there.

"Where's Jef and Ashen?" you quickly asked and tried to get out of bed but Jack lay you back down.

"Easy…" he whispered with a chuckle. "They're alright. Tooth's watching them."

"Ar- are they're hurt? What happened?" you stammered and the winter spirit smiled.

"They're fine… don't worry… the question is… are you alright?" he asked and you don't know what he was talking about.

"Alright? Of… course" you responded, "Wh- what are you talking about?" you added and Jack made a mirror made of ice in front of you. You can't believe what you saw… the color of your eyes changed. Changed to its original color. You gazed at Jack and then your wrist. The amber bracelet that MiM gave was gone.

"The bracelet…" you whispered. "I remember…" you said sadly and looked in Jack's bright, blue eyes. "One of Pitch's Nightamares caught my whole arm. I freed It but I saw the amber bracelet turned to black sand and melted."

"And... I have a feeling that this have something to do with your eyes?" said Jack and touched your hands.

"Yes… MiM told me not to lose the bracelet no matter what happens. I didn't lose it… It was destroyed. It's what keeping me and Jef here in the past. Now that… mine's gone… I think… I have no much time left." You explained and everybody listened. Jack put his head down and hugged you tightly.

"Then we'll just finish this before that happens." He whispered and you closed your eyes to feel his warming embrace.

"That's the problem… I don't know how to finish this…" you said and jerked your head back then stared at his pale face. "They're two, Jack… Pitch is strong alone… but.. Two…" you stuttered and sighed deeply and worry.