Chapter 45: Sweet Moments

It's official. Ashen will meet his dad tomorrow and everyone was not sure if they did the right thing. Your son was already asleep in Ashen's room. She asked him to stay with her until she fell asleep but Jef didn't realize he dozed off. You're peeking at the door, and saw the two kids. You smiled sweetly and gently closed it.

"Going to sleep?" asked the winter spirit and this made you jump a bit.

"Jack!" you said gently, "Don't startle me like that!"

The young guardian chuckled and walked towards you. He cupped your cheeks and planted a kiss on your forehead. He stared in your eyes and frowned. Jack slowly rubbed your cheeks while you closed your eyes to feel his soft touch.

Jack went in your room with you, to give you company or to ask questions. You thought about the latter. You stood in front of the window and stared at the bright, full moon. Jack sat on your bed and laid his eyes on you.

"I can't believe it…" he whispered and this broke the silence.

"Can't believe what?" you asked with a grin.

"I can't believe that I have a son…" he said and chuckled. You gazed at him and grinned sweetly. You sat beside him and touched his cold hands.

He fondled yours as he stared at your smiling face. "And… I think I know who you are… to me." He added.

Jack was leaning closer and you didn't know why but you blushed. It's like you're meeting him all over again. You slowly closed your eyes and finally you felt his frigid, soft lips on yours. He kissed you gently and slowly, feeling the kiss. He put his staff down and cupped your cheeks. He pressed his lips stronger and kissed you deeper.

Time passed by and the kiss became intense. So strong that you two need to break it for a second to breathe for air before joining again.

"Who am I?" you asked and the young guardian opened his eyes and examined your red face.

"You're the winter spirit's wife." He said with a grin.

"What's my name?" you continued but you read the expression on his face. He doesn't know. You grinned and brushed his snowy white hair out of his brilliant blue eyes.

"I- I- can't-" you stop his words by pressing your lips against his. You lay back on your bed and the young guardian leaned on top of you, still kissing.

"Why didn't you tell me before… that… you're-" he said but can't resist not kissing your lips.

"I can't tell you. You have to figure it out." You explained and put your arms around his neck. "And you finally remembered… some of it." Jack stopped and gazed at you. You beamed back at him and kissed his cheek.

Jack then felt something in his pocket. He checked it and saw your necklace. He smiled widely and put it back around your neck. He touched it and stared for a long while.

"But… Snowflake.." he whispered and glanced at you, "Does Jef know?"

"No…" you murmured. "No he doesn't. I… I mean we want to tell him but we can't. He has to figure it out on his own. And I don't know if he'll be safe if he knew."

"Because of Pitch?" he said with anger in his voice.

"Yes… because of Pitch…" you echoed and silence fell. "But… if everything went well… for Ashen and Pitch… maybe… we all can be safe…"

"It's not that easy…" countered the young guardian and gave you a light kiss on the lips. "You do know that his name is Pitch, right?" he added and you giggled.