Chapter 32: The Chase

Walking alone in a dark, cold forest, you hugged yourself and stared at the moon for hours. You talked to it and hoping for a response but no one's answering. You sighed deeply and sat on a boulder still waiting.

You looked at your amber bracelet and tried to figure out what was it for. You also took out the gold paper that MiM's pet gave you and re-read every hint for the quest.

"So… if he remembers my name, everything will be back to normal?" you whispered and grinned in disbelief. "I think, it takes more than that."

Back at the winter spirit's forest, the two boys were also waiting for your return. It's been two days since you left and your son became gloomy at that time.

Jack breathed deeply and rubbed the boy's shoulders. "What do you want to do kiddo?" he asked sweetly with a reluctant grin.

"Nothing…" said Jef simply as he rested his chin on his kneecaps.

"She'll be back. Promise." Comforted the young guardian and handed out your magnificent necklace to him and added in a hushed voice, "Here, hold this."

Jef grinned and nodded. He wrapped your necklace with his both pale-ish hands and lay down in the snow.

Jack Frost watched his son sleep and noticed that he looked just like you and him together. He felt something warm inside and can't resist it. He leaned down and planted a kiss on the boy's forehead and said, "Goodnight Jef Wynter Frost."

His eyes widened and he shook his mead madly. He went back to what he said and didn't know why he said that.

"Frost? Jef Wynter Frost?" he repeated in a low voice. "Why Frost?" he said to himself.

It was a wakeful night for the winter spirit and stared at the little kid the whole time. He didn't leave Jef and suddenly he heard someone speak. He gazed in every direction and realized after a few looks that the moon was that one talking.

The young guardian looked up and listened to it. "Ok… Ok, I will…" said Jack while nodding. "I'll try."

Walking around the forest, you were introspecting and thinking deeply about the situation. You talked to the moon for a rather long time but you didn't get an answer.

Suddenly, you heard something move behind the bushes, up in the trees, everywhere at the same time. You took out your weapons and didn't put your guard down.

"Who's there!" you shouted.

Suddenly, a boomerang was flying towards you and you quickly dodged it but something was coming behind you. Making a rapid swerve, you dodged when a pair of golden sand whip tried to get you.

You jumped back, still avoiding the whip and after a few seconds, a sword pointed your throat. You froze and grinned with relish. All of the guardians surrounded you while giving you their furious stare,except for the soft hearted Tooth fairy.

"So, the big four all together to get me?" you said with a light laugh and the three guardians in front of you took a step back.

"Who are you?" asked the man behind you with his Russian accent.

"Please… I'm getting tired with that question…." You muttered playfully.

The Sandman flew closer to you and analyzed your face he gaited and looked at the leader afterwards and drew images on top of his head.

"S- Sandy I can't understand what you're saying." Said North bashfully.

"You guys have been together for ages…" you said and sighed. "He said that we should take the angel back to your place, North and see what she's up to."

Everyone was shocked and they all stared blankly at you. The Sandman really smiled at that time, feeling so joyful that someone finally understands him.

Giggling sweetly, you blinked at Sandy but the bad-tempered Easter Bunny put his small fellow guardians and confronted you.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"How many times do you guys need to ask that?" you responded furiously. "You guys already know me OK? You need to remember and If you're thinking that I'm one of Pitch's puppets well I got news for you all… I AM NOT!"

They all listened and saw that they're dreadfully perplexed. You sighed deeply and Sandy started to drew images above his head again.

"Oh, I would rather like to be put in sleep than shoving me in the sack." You said and everyone was speechless.

"Sandy, know her out." Said Bunnymund seriously and the Sandman sprinkled a little dream dust on top of your head.

You closed your eyes and the Easter Bunny carefully carried you to the sleigh and lay you beside the Tooth fairy. Tooth stared at you all the way back and tried to find an answer for the vision she saw, but didn't tell her fellow guardians.

The sun was rising and the two boys, Jef and Jack Frost, was taking a stroll around the city. They talked about anything that can make them forget about their situation.

"You want to talk about girls? I haven't done that but, girls? Yeah? Do you have a crush back at your time?" asked the winter spirit jokingly that made his young son curious.

"Jack I'm seven years old!" yelled his son, "And I don't have crushes, please. I have no time for that."

"Oh? You're such a handsome kid. I don't believe you." Said Jack and laughed boastfully.

"No! I don't have any crushes! OK?" scolded Jef and added, "And why'd you pick to talk about girls?"

"Uh- Uhm… no- nothing. I ju-"

"Is this about snowflake?" said Jef with an evil grin and shrugged his brows. "Don't be shy lover boy." He added.

Jack's pale cheeks turned rosy red and he stuck out his tongue at the young guardian. Suddenly, they passed by a clothing store and your son saw Jack's blue jacket. He looked at his young dad and said that he needs to buy something.

Jack nodded and waited for him by the tree nearby. After a few minutes, his son came back while holding a paper bag. He handed it out to his dad and Jack shot him a puzzled look.

"What's this?" he asked and looked inside. "A hooded jacket? You bough a WINTER spirit a jacket?" he asked.

"Nothing. I just thought of buying you one. It will look good on you. Plus, it will make snow-"

"Hey stop it." Interrupted the blushing winter spirit. "Thanks kiddo. I've never received a gift from someone until now." He said heartily and hugged his son tightly.

"Your welcome dad…" he whispered and his eyes widened.

"What?" asked Jack hurriedly and stared at his son's eyes.

"I- I… just forget it. I just slipped." Reasoned Jef and didn't look at his young dad. "Just try it on." He added to smiled.

Jack hid in the trees and put on his son's gift. It fits him perfectly just like in the present he chuckled delightfully and brushed the boy's dark, brown hair.

"When do you think snowflake will come back?" asked Jef and the laughter instantaneously disappeared.

"I- I don't know kiddo. She'll be back before we even know it."