Chapter 37 - Akshara Goenka

"Fashion is my career, photography is my passion. So, I'm studying at the Digital Art Academy of Mumbai to continue both." Akshara told to her curious family with a smile as she served them juice. She wanted to take care of them herself, she didn't leave their side since they came in.

Mahima and Manjiri were currently occupied with the bride's family so Abhimanyu and Akshara took the responsibility to personally care for the Goenkas as per as Manjiri's wishes. They didn't trust any waiter with them as they were important to them, so Manjiri, after conversing with the Goenka family for a while, left trusting Abhi and Akshu.

"She's damn good at it! You should see her pics!" Abhi praised her proudly. She flushed. "Abhi! Stop boasting me. I'm not that good." She chided as she gave him his iced tea. He took it with a roll of eyes.

"She's pretending to be modest in front of you." That earned him a smack on head and a collective laugh from Goenka family members.

"Sit down, Gharelu Doctor." He said as he pulled a chair out for her, and pushed her favorite coke toward her, even though he usually kept complaining of how unhealthy it was.

"Gharelu Doctor?" Akilesh Goenka raised a brow, half in curiosity and half in amusement. Abhimanyu's cheeks tinged slightly. He used his nicknames for her to not slip her name accidentally as they didn't know who she was yet. "Uhhh... it's a nickname."

Akshara noticed the pink hue on his cheek and resisted the urge to swoon. Abhi blushing was a rare sight!

"She hate doctors and medicines. So I call her that to annoy her." He explained further. Akshu gasped in fake offense. "Such a snitch you are, Abhimanyu Birla! How can you throw me under the bus like this!?"

He grinned in response, cocking his eyebrow. "What else did you expect from me, Troublemaker?"

"Another nickname?" Manish teased. "How many of them do you have, son?" They all laughed at his misery.

"But you know, Maa ji... our baby also hated doctors and medicines, didn't she?" Swarna asked nostalgically.

Akshara's heart race picked up as she caught the longing in her Badi Mumma's and Mini's eyes, her throat clogging up in emotion. However, she calmed down with the soothing circles, Abhi was tracing on her hand.

"Your...baby?" She whispered softly, looking at them intently. Her Mimi stared at her, wiping a faint tear. "Haan, our baby girl. She's the most adorable little girl, she loved fluffy frocks, her Mumma's make up... oh and ice-creams! She'd riot if we say no for her ice-cream!" Suhasini Goenka gushed fondly, her eyes shinning with tears.

"But our Akshu hated medicines!" Swarna laughed. "She'd fall sick and the whole family will be at her bedside, pleading her to take her medicines but she'd throw tantrums!"

Akshara was trying hard to not break down in their arms as the beautiful memories of her childhood hit her. She truly was their princess, they took care of her every need as they'd for a doll. Abhi noticed the whirlwind of emotions quivering in her and leaned down to her ear level.

"You were such a troublesome kid, weren't you?" He joked to ease her mood and it worked as she crossed his gaze with a small smile.

"She's our sunshine." Swarna murmured longingly. Mimi sighed in agreement. "But also a drama queen! Just like our Naira and Kittu!" She added with a hearty chuckle, but they heard a soft thump on the table and looked at the direction to see Manish Goenka clenching his jaw. His earlier softness gone to leave a stoic expression.

He glared at the ladies of his family. "Do not talk about him." He muttered in an icy tone.

"But... Manish ji, he's our—." Swarna breathed.