Chapter Eleven

Lyra

"Hurry it up, Ly!" Teddy let an inpatient groan as he stood at the back door, my bag and jacket in his hands. "Fucking August is going to eat all my moms cheesecake if you don't hurry the hell up."

"Christ, Teddy." I muttered as I closed the office door behind me. "Chill out."

When I was close enough to him, he wrapped his large hand around my wrist and pulled me out the door and to his car. "You take too long."

"I was making sure the office windows were locked." I made a face before getting in his car.

He was awfully excited to get to this dinner, it had been all he could talk about. And I knew he wasn't excited to have his brother home. He had brushed off the idea when I asked earlier.

"You sure you aren't excited to see August?" I teased him.

He shot me a look as he started the engine. "I just want my cheesecake. I have one my mother put away for me and I know that dick is going to look for it. He got high last night and ate all his."

I let out a laugh at how serious this man was about cheesecake. He wasnt fucking around.
"How was your night with Sash?" He asked as we pulled onto the main road.

"It was good, great." I smiled. "Her mom is just as amazing."

Teddy nodded in agreement and he turned the black leather wheel to the right, turning onto his road. "Thank you for being there for her last night. She called me before she fell asleep and said you were so kind to her when she opened up about that fucking cunt." His grip on the wheel tightened slightly. He clearly didn't like Myra either, which I couldn't blame him. From the bit I knew, she was awful.

"Don't thank me, it's what friends do."

Friends. The word was so foreign and felt so unnatural to say. But when it came to Sasha, It started to feel warm and natural. It felt like we had been friends much longer than we were. More than anything, I wanted our friendship to grow and continue the way it was going.

"Music to my ears, Ly," He sighed happily, a simple smile curling on his lips.

I rolled my eyes, but tried to hide my smile. "Thank you for pushing me to hang out with you guys."

Teddy turned his head and his gaze met mine. "Do you want to repeat that? I don't think I heard you."

"Teddy!" I mumbled and hid my face, pulling my sweater over my face.

He bursted out laughing and I felt his hand grasp at the fabric, pulling it away from my face. "I knew I'd get you to admit you liked us."

"Two of you rather." I corrected him.

His chest rumbled with a chuckle. "I'm sure he'll get the stick out of his ass and you two will be...friends eventually."

"You're sure of that?"

"One can dream."

I let out a small laugh as he pulled into a rounded driveway, pulling up to a white stone house with grey roofing. The house, no mansion, was surrounded by beautiful greenery and a variety of white, blue and yellow flowers.

"Girls?" Teddy called out as we walked into the house.

Giggling came from an open door way before a girl dressed in a pink dress came running over to Teddy. "Teddy!"

"Hey, Sammy." He picked up the girl and kissed her cheeks, causing her to burst into giggles.

Sasha came around the corner with a girl identical to Samantha, Paisley.