Chapter Fifteen

Lyra

"Ly!" Sasha squealed and Teddy held her back from getting up.

River turned his head and his eyes met mine, his long fingers curled into his hand, his fists balling as he scanned my costume.

I chose to ignore him before taking the only chair left, which was next to him of course. I grabbed the arm of the chair and dragged it along the grass, moving it to the other side of Teddy.

"How good does everyone look?" Sasha gestured to all of us before wrestling with Teddy to get her drink back.

"Everyone looks great, Babe. You did a good job?" I raised my brow at Teddy. "She approved of their costumes before they bought it."

"How does two Batman's pair with Cosmo and Wanda?"

"It doesn't, it just doesn't look awful." August said, taking a sip from the beer in his hand. "Sash wanted me to be Timmy."

I let out a laugh. "Pink hat and all?"

"Of course."

"You could have been Foof and River could have been Poof. Since you guys are enemies and all."

I looked at Sasha the same time River did.

"That's not true. We just strongly don't like each other."

"Agreed." River gripped the neck of his bottle before finishing off his beer.

I had to know if it was him, I had to get close to him. If it was him, he'd still smell like my peach drink.

The thought of it being River who I kissed and danced on made me suck. There was no way I could live with myself if I found out I kissed River. It would take at least three hundred and seventy three showers to wash him off of me 

Christ, I would probably have to scrub my lips a million times.

August finished off his fourth beer and grabbed one of Sasha's fruity bottled drinks.

"Hands off." She told him and snatched the drunk from his hand.

"It's nice to share, Sash."

"And I already gave you one. Go get your shit."

"Seems pretty unfair considering you don't have to get your own drinks." He gestured to his younger brother who happily would get anything she wanted.

"Perks of having a boyfriend. Ask River." 

August turned to River. "Be a good boyfriend and get some drinks."

River laughed. "Sure, Babe. I didn't know we were coming out to everyone tonight."

August grinned. "Does that mean-"

"Fuck off, I'm not getting you a drink. The time you spent whining could have been used to go in there and back."

He rolled his eyes. "Everyone is so damn mean to me when I come home." He pushed himself up from the lawn chair before stumbling into the house.

"Now that he's gone," Teddy took out a zip lock bag that had four long joints in it. "We can bring out the good shit."

Immediately after inhaling, I started to cough like crazy.

"Learn how to handle your weed, Williams." River shot me a smirk as he exhaled. Smoke filled the night air as he took another hit.

Teddy wasn't lying when he said this was good, I felt like I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open while a small smile was permanently stuck to my lips.