Chapter Eighty One

Lyra

"Did you grab the other box?"

River nodded, holding it up as he slid past me through the doorway. "Teddy's got the bags."

"Thank you. Just put them by Charlotte."

After our afternoon sex, we quickly made our way to the school to help with setting up. We stopped for coffee and got here shortly after two.

It was the three of us setting up while the boys brought everything in. The rest of the committee bailed on today, opting for tomorrow morning to decorate.

Sasha switched the song that was playing as West came in after River.

"Hey, Ly." He gave me a smile, holding on to the flash drive we had given him from before.

"Thank you so much." I held out the extra coffee I had out to him. "I really appreciate you helping us."

His eyes dropped to the cup before taking it. "Thank you. You should make sure it works tonight and stuff."

"I will." I slipped the stick into my pocket. "You should come get food with us later tonight."

He hesitated before nodding. "Sure. Yeah. I'll see you later, Lyra." He gave me a small smile before leaving.

I went over to Charlotte and helped her hang the other side of the banner on the wall before it fell.

"Thanks," she mumbled. "I should have waited."

"Do you have tape for the flowers?"

She held it up before tossing a second rope over to me as we carefully started to put up the flower decorations we had made and also ordered.

"Kol asked me to prom last night." Charlotte smiled, showing me the diamond earrings she was wearing.  "He gave me these after."

"You said yes?" I raised a brow at her.

Her and Kol weren't dating, but he made sure she was his date to everything. I didn't mind Kol now, I'd say we were friends now.

While Charlotte didn't talk about it, I'm almost positive they were sleeping together.

"Of course. I think," she looked around to make sure he wasn't there. "I think I like him a lot, Lyra."

"He likes you too, Charlotte."

"I know. I don't like the gifts though. He can't buy my love."

"I don't think that's what it is."

"He makes you happy. I like hanging out with him. It's different."

"You should tell him how you feel."

But something in her eyes is told me she planned to do just that soon.

"Tomorrow. Or after this. I don't know." She let out a sigh.

"It's okay," I gave her a soft smile. "You'll do it when it feels right to you."

Sasha came over to us with a large plastic bag full of already filled up balloons. "Amanda has five more of these in the empty class around the corner. They're supposed to be dropped from the ceiling. There's more being delivered this afternoon."

"We got this area with flowers," I told her as I taped another flower to the wall.

"I'm going to grab the ladder so we can hang some and put them higher." She grabbed the keys Charlotte had, putting him in her hoodie pocket."I won't be long."

Charlotte grabbed another box of flowers, moving further along the wall, scattering the flowers across.

Sasha soon came back with a ladder, carrying it over to Charlotte. "River asked me to give this to you. Sasha held up a folded piece of paper between her fingers before dropping it in my hand. "They're going to pick up the last bit of decorations. Him and Kol are. Teddy's grabbing the chairs."