Kanamafu- Truth?༘⋆♡⸝⸝💌⊹。°˖➴

"Woohoo, party in the sekai!" Mizuki yelled, energenic as ever when the other members of Nightcord arrived. They had clearly gotten there early, getting everything set up so that everything would be ready when everyone else arrived at the arranged time. 

"I made cake!" Ena said, setting down a pink frosted dessert in the middle of the table in the sekai. No one was quite sure how it had gotten there, but it must have been because of Mafuyu's feelings somehow. Mizuki had taken this to mean that Mafuyu was actually super pumped about a party and taken it upon themself to throw one.

"Ooh, that looks so good!" Mizuku sqealed. "Wait, let me get some photos! Ena, I'm assuming you already took some before you got here?"

"Of course," Ena said. 

Kanade and Mafuyu stood back as Mizuki and Ena worked on getting the perfect shot of Ena's cake, Ena criticizing Mizuki's photography skills as they worked. 

"How are you doing, Mafuyu?" Kanade asked, looking over at her friend. Mafuyu looked tired, as she often did, the bags under her eyes more noticable than usual. "How are things with your mom?"

Mafuyu turned her head away slightly. "Fine." she replied. "Everything is fine."

"Mafuyu, you can talk to me," Kanade reminded the taller girl, placing a hand on Mafuyu's arm. 

Mafuyu looked back over at Kanade, and opened her mouth, looking as though she was about to say something. 

"What are you guys doing? C'mon, let's eat!" Mizuki called to the two girls. It seemed that them and Ena had finally gotten a photo they were both satisfied with, and were now impatient for Kanade and Mafuyu to join them, as if they had been the ones holding the group up.

Mafuyu shook her head. "Can we talk later?"

"Yes, of course," Kanade agreed. 

The two walked over to the table where all the food was laid out, with Ena's cake right in the center. Kanade noticed Mafuyu's legs shaking a little bit as she walked, and took her hand to help steady her. They sat down next to each other, across from Ena and Mizuki. Their hands remained intertwined, neither making any attempt to let go, even though the main purpose of the action was simply to steady Mafuyu.

"I wonder if Miku's around here," Mizuki said. "I wanted to invite her to eat with us! And Luka, Rin and Len as well! An Meiko, but I doubt she'd agree," 

"Well, they can always join us later." Kanade said.

Mizuki nodded in agreement. "Yeah, let's get this party started!" They raised their glass of pink lemonade (their drink of choice) and said, "Here's to Nightcord at 25:00!" The rest of them followed suit, raising their own glasses and then drinking. 

Mizuki and Ena cut into the cake, passing a piece to Kanade, who only then realised just how hungry she was. She hadn't eaten since dinner the previous night, which was more substantial than usual, a meal of chicken, potatoes and steamed vegetables that Ms. Mochizuki had made for her.  

"This is good, Ena, thank you." Kanade said after she took the first bite of the cake (funfetti, because it was Mizuki's favorite).

"Yeah, thank you Ena!" Mizuki said, throwing her arms around the brunette's neck and hugging her tightly. They gave her a swift kiss on the cheek before leaning back into their seat, acting as if nothing had happened, and leaving Ena flustered and red.

Kanade smiled at them. She found the kind of puppy love they held for each other sweet, something to be held on to. Suddenly she found herself longing to touch Mafuyu's hand again, as she had let it drop once they had toasted and she needed both her hands to eat cake.