EmuNene- Feelings?✧˖°🌷📎⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Nene Kusanagi didn't like to draw attention to herself. She mostly kept to herself at school, not going out of her way to talk to new people or make friends. Friends could be draining, always switching up conversation topic, wanting to go here and there and asking Nene about things she didn't know. How was she supposed to know which necklace complimented which dress the best? Nene prefered playing video games or practicing singing by herself instead of going to kareoke with classmates or texting friends. 

Emu Otori loved to talk to just about everyone. Her classmates, family, the other members in her troupe, anyone who would talk back! She made it her mission every day to spread as much love and positivity to everyone around her. She handed out stickers to people who looked sad, made up songs as she walked, and smiled at everyone in the hallways. A shortened list of just a few of the things Emu liked to talk about included cupcakes, dancing, musicals, how pretty fairy lights look in the evening, pyjamas, friendship bracelets and anime. 

Emu and Nene lived in completely different worlds, in other words. Yet the two had ended up in a theatre troupe together, becoming the best of friends.

"Nene-Nene! Going to my house with Neeee-ne!" Emu sang, skipping down the sidewalk. 

"Emu, watch where you're going," Nene said as Emu walked right across a driveway without so much as a glance either way. 

"Don't worry, Nene! I'm being super-duper careful!" Emu promised. "So what do you want to do at my house? We could bake, or watch a movie, or put on a fashion show, or roller skate-"

"Wait, how exactly to you plan on roller skating at your house?" Nene asked skeptically. "Or do you live near a roller rink?"

"Nope!" Emu said cheerfully. "I just skate down the hallways when no one's home!"

"You know that's dangerous, right?" Nene said, exasperated, more by the fact that this was not at all out of characters for her best friend than anything else. 

"You worry too much, Nene!" Emu said, poking Nene's cheek gently. "But I'm so happy that you care so much about me!"

Nene could feel her cheeks heat up. She didn't know what to say, so she settled on rolling her eyes. She hadn't ever experienced the kind of feelings she had towards her pink haired friend, so for a while it was just easier to push them down. But now, whenever Emu would make her usual jokes and just do what she always did, Nene was beginning to find it harder and harder to ignore the undeniable happiness and affection she felt towards her. 

But what was she to do about it? Ask for advice? Going to Rui or Tsukasa was out of the question. Tsukasa would probably start crying out of happiness and insist on setting them up, and Rui would just encourage him and do something stupid like make fireworks that spelled out 'I LOVE YOU EMU, FROM NENE'. Yeah, she was absolutely not going to talk to either one of the weirdo combo about this. 

She could try talking to someone in the Sekai, but the problem was that Rui and Tsukasa were planning a very extravegant show and were more often there than not. So yes, Nene was at a loss for what to do. Usually she would just hide out in her room and play video games, avoiding whatever problem she was facing, but that was easier said than done in this situation. Emu was in her theatre troupe, not to mention her very best friend. She couldn't just not talk to her. 

"Earth to Nene!" Emu called. They had reached the Otori household, a mansion surrounded by lush gardens. Nene was used to how the Otori family lived by now, but it had taken a while for her to adjust to the luxurious lifestyle they lived at first. "You were spacing out there! Your eyes were all cloudy and dreamy,"

"Oh, sorry," Nene said, mentally shaking herself. If she didn't deal with these stupid feelings soon, little things like this would only become a bigger problem.