𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛; 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

Returning back to New Orleans whilst the Cullen family had decided to take a vacation away from each other, Rosalie and Emmett went to France, Carlisle and Esme to Isle Esme, Alice and Jasper Italy, and the rest were going back to Forks Washington.

Returning to their space in the compound Rosalice had gotten closer with Freya with the passing months as the two took care of the four children together. Elijah by their side as well but occasionally leaving to be with himself. Klaus nowhere in sight.

Freya and Rosalice sat together playing with Hope and the twins with toys, whilst the father held Sierra. "She's getting bigger by the second."

Elijah begins bouncing his daughter watching as her eyes grew tired. "Thank you for all of your care." He says to his sister, knowing a little how difficult it must be with a teething Hope.

Freya can't help but point out, "Tomorrow's the full moon." Looking up into her younger brother's eyes, she suggests, "I can help you bring Hope to Hayley, if you'd like."

Shaking his head, Elijah assures, "That won't be necessary. You deserve a night off." He smiles staring down at his twins and niece.

Klaus walks into the room instantly hopping into the conversation, "I'd offer to accompany you myself," he looks down at his brother. "But I fear my fragile ego could not endure the litany of insults Hayley has no doubt prepared."

Elijah scowls, glaring his brother down. "Yes, I doubt that your presence is particularly welcome anywhere."

"My own brother, greeting me with such disdain!" Klaus says, not once changing his tone, not once reacting to his brother's words, taking everything Elijah had to offer and waving it off as if it was nothing. Turning to both girls he asks them, "What do you think, Rosalice? Is he still angry for my part in Hayley's curse? For you turning? Need I remind him it was my ploy that kept you two alive?"

Elijah snaps, biting back, "Of course, forgive me. So, you would call this an act of heroism even as you bask in their torment?"

Rosalice opens her mouth to say that she wasn't once bit in any torment but the words didn't fill with noise, never found themselves to. "Or perhaps I'd be more sympathetic if Hayley apologized." The hybrid shoots back. "After all, it was her that tried to run off with my daughter."

"Boys!" Rosalice raised her voice, sweeping in—Freya always being the mediator between both brothers. "Elijah, can you do me a favor and put Sierra down to bed." Elijah nods, taking one last look at his twins he leaves heading to the nursery. Turning her attention to the other brother, she then says, "You're not off the hook either." Standing up, she picks up Sage and Salem having them on both sides of her hips. "Must you poke and prod?" Klaus opens his mouth. "No you don't. So quick the brotherly fights cause I swear to a god that if it ends in blood both of you will start seeing stars." She made her threat clear, harsh. Turning away she walks out of the room. 

[Time Skip]

Rosalice held Sierra in her hold entertaining Hope, Salem, and Sage as her husband set everything up. Plates of food upon food placed on several foldable tables draped in sheets, dozens of champagne. Hope cooing as she watches her uncle set up, making him smile softly.

The two married couple tense when hearing the gravel being pushed against and cars whining as it neared them, stopping some feet away, black SUV's. Elijah steps in front of his family staring as a bald man exits his car. "Hell of a spot for a picnic," he says with an assault rifle strapped across his chest.