𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗; 𝚆𝚑𝚘

𝚆𝚑𝚘

Once settling all of his kids down for bed. He made his way over to the one person he could never lose. Never imagined losing. Seeing her sitting on the window with a breeze pushing against her. The coldness that New Orleans brought along with the warmth of life that was laced in its music.

Elijah hands slip down grabbing the woman he held dear that was always in his heart and mind. Where their souls were bound together. After all, a night walker and cold one was a rare appearance to have the two species to interlock. A rare occurrence that it was like a vampire and a blood singer made out of pure obsession and tied with delusion and mania.

Pulling her up to her feet. He held her in his own embrace tightly as if he was afraid to lose her. As if he was afraid that if he was killed with that white oak bullet that his own wife would follow the path that her own two parents crafted and leave behind four young children who were all but almost two years of age and three months old.

"Promise me, my love, promise me that if I die you will never fall into death's hands."

"Only if you promise to do the same." Rosalice counters.

Elijah keeps his arms wrapped around her. Laying his head on her shoulder. Promises he would keep. Promises he would never dare go back and find a loophole in his own wording. For this, for his own family that he created with the woman he loved and obsessed over, for his children that needed him so much more than his siblings. He would keep it. "I give you my word."

Her heart thrummed against his ears. Her scent of mostly venom of blood that still smelled sweet. He murmured the truth, "I daggered Rebekah and hid her."

"I know."

Pulling his head up, his eyes connecting with hers. "You knew?"

Rosalice nods. Tapping his temple. Reminding him of her gift. He looks away bashfully. Light pink coating his cheeks, heating them up. His lips thinned. "Right... Do you think our children will possess that ability of yours?"

Rosalice laughs a little at the mere idea of cold ones passing the same gift to each child down their very own bloodline. It would have been a pain to not be allowed to turn off her gifts. A horrible thing. "No, they won't. Mine differs from..." Swallowing hard, she finally said his name, "From my dad. His gift was never turned off. He was always able to read your mind. Mine however can be turned off." She then goes on to explain, "No gift can be replicated, only altered to act similar. So our children will have similar gifts as I or gifts that speak their personality. A wonderful creation from whomever created the kind of downgraded vampires."

[Time Skip]

Pacing the room Freya having an incredulous look hisses out, "You daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling me now?" Finally telling the truth to his family. Telling them the precise location.

Elijah defended himself, "She sacrificed herself in order to protect us. And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you." Crossing his arms. "No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life." Rosalice bumps his shoulders, giving him a look. "What if Aurora wanted to hurt me? She could have easily gone to you and hurt you into a state of death." He brings up.

Freya clenches her jaw, "The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family." Rubbing her hands together. "That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

"Just one or two." Elijah adds.

"Thankfully, not many friends—"

Klaus enters the room with a blonde vampire at his side with emerald green eyes. "Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend." Elijah rolls his eyes amused. Rosalice covers her mouth hiding her smile. Whilst Freya gives a hard look towards her brother. "One of my trickle-down sirlings. Long story." Turning to Stefan, Klaus introduces, "Stefan, this is Freya, my brand-new older sister. Also a long story." Stefan nods, smiling weakly. "I almost forgot, Stefan, this is Rosalice, a hybrid much like myself. Only she's human and vampire."