Chapter four

« – We should probably get up. George said as the end credit of the episode started rolling in.

  – Guess we do. What time is it now?

  – Hold on... It's 9:17 we got six minutes before Bad come Knocking on our door.

  – Why is he always so early anyway. Is he scared we're gonna die or something.

   – Maybe, what do I know. I don't have mind reading powers.

   – Believe it or not but that's a good thing. I don't think I could marry someone like that. Or just well live with them. Because like, I wouldn't automatically hate them either, everyone deserves a chance you know?

   – You're so weird. What would you do then? Make them live in the garage and talk virtually through Discord?

   – Why not? That's how I made most of my friends.

   – Yeah but that's not how you met the most important person of your life.

   – You're right. I met her after she pushed me out... He got abruptly cut off by a pissed off George.

   – Don't you even dare finish that sentence... I was talking about me idiot.

   – Oh really? Well maybe next time give me a factual clue. The taller teased.

   – You know a divorce is only one swift of the wrist away so don't push your luck too far mister. George got up from the couch, going to stand in front of Dream and putting an accusatory finger in his face.

   – Alright, Alright. How could I ever upset my lovely bride. »

Dream chuckled softly, before also getting up. He put his arms around George's shoulder putting the man's back to his chest, kissing the top of his head. All he got in response was a scoff and a roll of the other's eyes. Wow so disrespectful considering he just openly admitted his fondest and dearest love to him.

« – Instead of spitting out nonsense go in the kitchen and prepare the arrival of our guests. Could you please put drink on the island. And obviously get six glasses out of the cupboard, also placed on the island along with the drinks. »

After years of living together George had learned a thing or two. For example he would get nothing done out of Dream if he didn't ask "politely enough", which he thinks is dumb because they're married already, they owe each other domestic favors anyway!
He's pretty sure a random stranger would have found his way of asking things polite enough to execute. Did that mean he owed more polite manners to his husband than a total stranger? Well, he worded that wrong, but still, he believed Dream was absolutely idiotic. Dream knew him, so he knew George didn't, like, despise him!

Another thing George learned the hard way is that you got to be as precise as possible with the instructions you gave Dream or else he could totally screw you over, and in the end you'd be the one ending up doing all the work. Therefore there would have been no point in asking in the first place. That's also pretty stupid. But still, he loved the man.

« – Why should I be doing all the work, I'm not your butler.

Never mind, he hates him.

   – Do you know where to find the files? Or how to read the statistics correctly and find a way to fix them if needed? George's sass was evident in his voice, confident in the point he just made. And he was right because Dream shamefully looked at the carpet on the floor before looking back up with a sly smile.

  – Fine you win. What drinks did you have in mind?

  – Let's put the alcohol aside it's too early in the morning for that.