Chapter sixteen (+A/N)

Please do check Author notes! Sorry it's the last one I swear, but it is important!

------

Knowing what she had to do Sylvee and Cate went ahead, grabbed the two knocked out guards by their underarms and dragged them away to a supply closet.

From there all they had to was get Sylvee to switch places with the guards. Upon having analyzing their morphology before hand, she already who she was going to pick as her victim. At least that was one thing less to think about.

However switching placed also meant taking the guard's appearance, including clothes and accessories - such as that shining electronic metal cards attached to their shirts.

In the meantime Hannah went to the surveillance cameras panel. She sat down on the black office chair, rolling her eyes at how torn the leather was. Men and their delicacy...

She went and looked at the material she was meant to be dealing with soon enough. For it was best to know what you were doing before rushing in.

Once satisfied with her analysis, she looked for an USB port so she could get this party started - aka, hack into the system.

In the end she did end up finding it, but in the oddest spot possible truly. She had no idea which engineer designed this but she hopes they quit. Or got fired.

Now this process was not movie like, it would actually take her sometime to get this started. Maybe like, ten minutes If she recall correctly what the dude they bought the data from said.

Now, ten minutes overall might look like a waste of time but it was great. Because in the meantime Sylvee was robbing the guards blind as well as locking them up and stealing their identities. And that alone would already take ten minutes.

And so instead of wasting their time on pointlessly waiting for her to get ready, they'll get the process started in the meantime.

During this interlude, Cate took the opportunity to learn how to work the control panel. It may look intimidating at first glance, but honestly, it couldn't have been this difficult, it were just a bunch of buttons. Not to mention the fact probably only four of them were of real use, the rest being there to make pretend.

A toddler could do that. Pressing buttons. Pretend to be a night guard. I guess that's why they put her in charge of the station after all...

« - No way girls, look at me, I'm looking good! Sylvee spoke loudly as she twirled, showing of her outfit as she came through the door of what was meant to be nothing but a supply closet.

- Wow, honestly I was convinced there was no way in hell you would able to rock this look but, eh. What do I know.

- You give me Gia the riveter vibes.

At that the involved powered just raised her eyebrows in surprise and dedain before crossing her arms in front of her chest.

- Okay I don't know if I should be flattered or offended.

- Yeah Cate, don't bring that propaganda shit in here. We're fighting the enemy from their base, don't bring them to us. Don't jinx us.

Hannah said although not moving her eyes from the screen, failing to spare Cate a single glance.

- Whatever you say. She sighed beaten out by her friend's behavior. Also, the fight she was picking with this tag sticking out and waiting to be ripped out, seemed much more interesting.

- Eh, guess who I'm impersonatin! "Yeah, that's me that's the big tough guy, and if you piss me off I'm gonna electrocute you! Except I won't because I may look like a boxer but I'm a fucking wuss who wouldn't even crush a daisy for all I care, #a_life_is_a_goal. Although I will sacrifice property to save my ass, I don't even care wether or not you had insurance."