Chapter Twenty Nine

« – Ah look who finally came back. Hannah sassed as she was combing through Sylvee's hair, trying to braid it.

   – You girls will never believe what I just found.

   – Ah she's in a good mood. Cate commented.

She was currently scrolling her phone as she was lying on their sofa, in pyjamas and a face mask on, a discarded bag of chips by her side.

A weekend was a weekend. It's universal chill days, it doesn't matter if you are a villain or a hero. You chill.

  – I take it you got what you bargained for? Sylvee asked lazily.

  – Even better. Puffy retorted excitedly.

  – How. You've been working on that thing since forever, what could possibly be any better than that to you. Hannah teased, suppressing her laughter down with an ear splitting grin.

  – Oh come on..  as you said I spent so long on that and where did that get me? Jail. Stuck in a trashy rathole with some losers who are stuck in the 1800's. It's time to move on don't you think?

   – Okay first, don't insult my grandma's house, it's slaps. Second of all, what are you saying? Hannah scoffed as she rolled her eyes, still working on Sylvee's hair.

   – Are you sick? Cate butt in, stretching her arms in the air, phone in hands.

   – Probably high, look at her eyes. They're all yellow.

   – I'm a sheep hybrid, they're naturally yellowish Cate. Puffy said unimpressed.

   – Oh yeah, I forgot my bad. The girl answered with a yawn.

  – Yeah, you're bad. But anyway. What's a microchip, when you got this. Puffy explained in a fake calm deamanor before abruptly pulling the flashdrive she stole the files on.

She watched the other with a proud and smug face while the other just looked at her confused.

  – You got all your old data back. I thought those were only accessible at the main quarter. Sylvee asked with genuine surprise.

  – Not to mention the fact they made it impenetrable. Hannah added on.

  – And deleted everything from the data center locking up everything in a hidden safe somewhere we don't know. Cate concluded adding fuel to a nonexistent fire.

  – Okay I get it, I lost two years of my life down the drain. But, this was old times. You must make mistakes to learn. And bad mistakes, I made a few. However, now I come stronger from them. Today we end a story, turned the last page and are now ready to start a new beginning.

  – What are you saying. Hannah asked skeptical.

She knew her friend, she could read all her old habit like an open book. And she didn't chose to hide that.

   – The only book I see here is you. I can read you like an open book Puffy. You always get all excited and smiley like that when you're sure of yourself. When you've had the idea of a lifetime. So spill the tea. We're ready for it.

Puffy gaze softened as she met Hannah's eyes.
She found assurance in those. Puffy was an egocentric woman, but her friend validation meant everything to her. Especially to her ego.
She regained control of herself from this.

So smiling brighter and slightly calming herself down, she walked to their tv screen, grabbing the remote control from their antique wooden coffee table.
Expertly plugging the flash drive inside, she turned to her friend as the files were loading up on the screen.