Chapter fourteen

« - Boy was that a scary experience !

Uttered Cate, all while getting out of that horrendous furry black coat with puffy sleeves, and dark grey cheetah pattern.

- You could say that! One star out of ten, would not recommend. Sighed out Sylvee while dropping down on the bed, laying on its edge.

- Okay, nearly there Smoke bomb, it's usually out of five stars but, um sure buddy! Reassured or mocked her friend.

- Well stay alert because it isn't over yet. It's only the beginning, the hardest part comes now. Hannah reminded, checking out the windows and closing the curtains shut instantly.

- I guess you're right. When you look at it we're not even halfway there already, we still need to get Puffy. That's what we did all that for. Not just a stupid, risky, fun car ride. Yay! Sylvee sassed in a fake high pitch, happy tons and gleeful hand gestures.

- You're getting one heck of a coffee cup girl. »

Muttered a desperate - yet caring - Hannah, as she knew from here, they had to get ready, and everything was put on a timer. Everyone at to be on their best behavior.

They had only one hour to get ready, not a single minute over that deadline.

Then, they would walk down, into the Hotel restaurants just as they would begin the last service. They'd make sure to be the very last client, hoping that the story of their long and tiring hours of driving would make the staff feels sympathy and they'd let them eat here on such short notice. After they were still paying customer.
If all went according to plan, the tardiness, number and polite attitude of the trio would make the staff want to go home early, and trust them on their own. Especially girls. Girls were known to chat and take desperately long.

Well check this one out because that's the one time that prejudice would come in handy.

Anyway, it was a check out type of dinner. The kind were you had a buffet and plater and you just picked an entree, a meal, and finally a dessert. As they did not care for choices, so they settled for the left over.
And once you were done, you'd just put your platter on a big shelf, which a server would then roll over to the kitchen to get everything cleaned up.

And all that meant : no waiter, no witness, no problems.

Then, after they had their dinner and they knew the staff was either out or dedicated to cleaning up and packing up the kitchen, they'd leave for their room. Or so it seemed. Instead, they get, as obliged, by the reception desk, only to find it empty.
That meant they were free to go behind the desk and use the employee's back exit with no problems. As for the cameras? Those had been taken care of during dinner.

The Hotel bordered a forest, just like did the whole town. They'd walk in there, and after hitting the a one point five kilometers radius, they'd stop and get changed.
From Hannah's "purse" would come out weapons, and every much needed materials to make this work. Such as night vision gogoles, or a mines radar.
The rest of their stuff, they'd hid in the trunk of a big and mighty, old oak tree.

As previously said, the perimeters around the prison was a dangerous one : mines, wires, constant surveillance... They'd never expect anyone to actually try and get there by foot.

But the thing is, those watchers were still humans, and at first there were people seriously and heavily guarding the forest borders from all side of the prison. But with time they grew tired. They'd never get anyone, not even a deer in hindsight.
How come? Well it was all thanks to all the security previously put in place to ensure no one would even get close to the prison with sick intentions, such as breaking out a criminal for instance.