Chapter six

« – Hold on, you guys are what?

   – We're engaged! Zak proposed Tuesday on our anniversary. Bad said enthusiastically.

  – That's great Bad! Oh my god, congratulations you guys! » George got up, hands to his mouth to cover his shock. Following in his league, Karl stood up too and went to congratulate the newly fiancés in a hug. Then Dream followed suit, stuttering now rendered speechless but a wild smile on his face.                                                                   However, Sapnap had no idea how he should have been feeling at the moment, processing every aspect and form of the situation. It isn't that he wasn't happy for them, he truly was, but he simply did not know how to take the news. It was so sudden too... Perhaps he just wasn't awake enough for this.

Finally he overcame the wave of surprise and paralysis that had taken over him and smiled at the couple, uttering words of disbelief and joyfull wishes.

« – Wait, but it wasn't you guys anniversary last Tuesday. It isn't even for a whole two month yet! Dream mentionned, cuting through the silence.

   – Well that's the date of the day we officially started dating, but last Tuesday was the anniversary of our first date ever! I thought it was important to celebrate it because it's that one thing that lead to another. Isn't that just wonderfull ! The long haired brunet answered cheerfully.

  – Oh wow, okay then. Dream said taken aback. You guys kept track of that? He then asked somewhat amazed.

   – Yeah, why? Bad honeslty didn't know where the question was coming from, innocently he thought it was common occurence in couple.

   – No, nothing man, that's impressive. I don't think I even know when our first date was, do you George?

   – What? I was counting on you to do the tracking. At the question the brunet eyes went wide, he really had no idea. He believes it might have been a random day in the beginning of March.

  – That was a real stupid decision, and you don't even need to marry the guy to know that. A certain someone in a cap chipped in to tease his best friend.

   – Shut up Sapnap, I bet you don't even know when you took Karl out. Dream defended himself.

   – Obviously he wouldn't, I'm the one who asked first. Karl was surprised they didn't know, but on one hand he knew Sapnap's pride would have never let him live it down.

With this statement Dream burst out laughing uncontrollably, doubling overhimself as his stomach started to ache. And in his demise he had no one to knock sense into him as George did just that, tears reaching his eyes. The only sympathy Sapnap got from his friend was from Bad who stared at him with big round eyes of stupor. Well "sympathy" that is if you were to ignore the chuckling raven boy behind him.

 Sapnap was red in the face, eyes darting back and forth to everyone in the room as his time was running out if he were to ever find a solution out of this. But he soon came to realize he had nothing to say to defend himself at that moment; all he could do was either dwell in shame and his own embarassment, or find an equally as humiliating comeback.

   – Oh shut up... » Ah, well guess he went with the first option afterall. And you could not judge him about it because the only ways he had out of it were all as pathetic. He just went and tried to lessen the damages caused to his wounden pride.

« – It's okay sappy-nappy we still love you. Afterall there's plenty of things you're good at. George teased.

   – Except being the man of the relationship. Dream jokingly said under his breath.