Chapter Twenty Six

TW : Suggestive language, implied sexual content.

This time it was Dream who woke up to an empty bed.

Getting out of bed after scrolling through twitter and checking his work email, he went downstairs to find his husband cooking them pancakes with fruit and freshly squeezed orange juice. Aka Dream's favorite breakfast.

« - What's the special occasion? Dream asked with a smile as he slowly grabbed his husband's waist, watching over his shoulder as he flipped a pancake in the pan.

- Do I need an excuse to spoil my handsome husband ? The brunet answered honey dripping from his voice as he turned around to kiss the taller.

- Well, it just seems so out of the blue you know? Dream murmured against the other neck.

- Not that I'm complaining.

- Oh you... The brunet giggled fondly as he slid the now cooked pancake inside a plate.

- Well, it's not any kind of anniversary, not anyone's birthday... Not any international day either. Dream listed with a kiss for each guess.

- So come on, just tell me, what's the big deal today. He asked with a raspy and low voice, looking up at him.

George blushed, rolling his eyes with a large smile as he went back to making pancakes with the last bit of his dough.

- I don't know, I just really wanted to make you happy. Guess I woke up from the good side of the bed this morning uh? He laughed shaking his head softly.

- Guess so. But you know, any morning with you makes me happy enough. There's no need for you to risk your beauty sleep just so I can have some orange juice.

- I'm more than just a pretty face honey, don't you worry. He answered with the same smile from before - which had never left in the first place - and booping Dream's nose.

- Honey? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

- Ah my bad then. I'll make sure not to neglect you as often. He vowed as his finger now slid under Dream's jaw, his eyes fluttered half shut, and his smile turned into something else.

- Oh? Now that's a promise you must held onto. I'm not letting you live down from it.

- Should we skip on breakfast then?

- I'll come have it as a reward after. »

"Dream!" George yelled with a flustered chuckle as the other easily picked him off the ground.
In a hurry he tried to lean down to turn off the heat from the stove not wanting their house to burn down to a crisp stupidly so.

After Dream and 404 interaction on the rooftop that night, and with Dream's earnest confession, their relationship had never been better. It was like George had fell over again.

A slap across the face that felt good, continued to sting and still felt warm but in the best of way.

As for Dream and 404, they kept working together, now more often that not.

The fans quickly caught on the shift in behavior in the DreamTeam and adored that master/protegee relationship they had developed.

Dream was patient, adamant on teaching 404 to the best of his ability so he could caught up on what he missed. In a way he did for him what he wished someone else would have done for him : show him the way, not let him blindly barge into it until light was to be found.

The flirting, as promised, stopped, but that didn't mean 404 had let go off him that easily. Always finding new way to tease him and try to rile him up just to get a reaction out of him.