Chapter twenty five

« - Chief Sam... Dream. 404 spoke hesitantly.

- 404. Dream just said. And if he didn't know any better he could have sworn he heard a bit of a smile in his voice as well as something underlying there.

- Now that was quite the stunt you pulled. Good job. He ended saying, raising a hand for him to shake.

Bewildered and shocked, he just grabbed it and shook it.
And sure enough he could recognize the strong grip of his husband, although always careful not to crush someone's bones with his super strength.

- I.. don't know what to say. Thank you. He finally managed to blurt you, his voice trailing in an excited chuckle.

- No thank you. You handled that pretty well, I'm not gonna lie I didn't think you could have managed to unarmed all four of them, if you could have even just get one out of the way it would have been enough. You made our job so much easier.

- Oh. Well I thought that's what you wanted me to do. So everyone would be safe.

- You're right, we wanted you to find a way to make sure civilians would be out of harm and away from crossfire. However that didn't mean you had to jump into it in their place.

- Well, I took your words for it. I've tried to be a real hero, one who would truly be devoted to the people.

- You can be proud of that then. I suppose we'll see you around? » Dream said with a gentle voice.

George now had half the mind to ask why were they separating so abruptly but didn't have time to as Dream anticipated showing him the new reporters vans and vehicles coming by.

He loved how Dream was a quick learner, and although he had been wary of him since the beginning he still knew how he resented cameras and how badly he dealt with them.

Anyone would think Dream have every reason to throw him under the bus, but he cared.

His husband's heart was too big, he was a true hero. This role, this life of danger and dedication... It was meant to be for him.

And that's why George would never be mad at him and his career path. If anything he only wanted to be even more of a part of it now, just to make sure he would always be well and eased.

And so he did. Because what started as a one time occurrence became a routine of calling 404 any time his invisibility or quick thinking could be of assistance.

He also brought something only he knew, of any serious and dark situation he would bring light, uplift others by cheers but never resting on what he thought was aquired.

And sometimes kindness and positivity are enough.

There's this one time George went and helped Sapnap deal with a toxic residue and fire hazard on the highway.

Then he Bad asked for him to help evecuate an elementary school after the school mascot : a poisonous tarantula escaped in the building.

And he also had a one on one with Dream due to a safety hazard in an abandoned warehouse. Somehow power was still running and this could cause an explosion to happen. But as the buildings used to be a woodchuck place it had been located in one of the small forest the capital city had. And if that caught on fire it would destroy hectares of wildlife and endanger the ecosystem, and maybe the population health too.

He loved working with Sapnap because they matched energy. They had fun, they joked, and still got the job done efficiently enough, but never in backbreaking way. It was chill, like a game between good friends.