Chapter twenty

TW : loads of swear words I think 🧍‍♀️

Riding his way through the city, George was heading straight for the DSMP's Quarters.

On his motorcycle bike, George was going way past the speed limit, but he couldn't care less, he had to act, and fast.

Plus, it wasn't like he was gonna get arrested as most police officers were busy on the raging fire situation back at the Lemon Tree Hotel.

And that was exactly the Aces plan : get the heroes and any law enforcement authority busy with some other issue going downtown while they were actually busy striking behind their back on the other side of town.
That way no one would have had time to react in time.

Except for him. Too bad they didn't think this through.

I mean it's not like they could. He wasn't a hero per say, he was just some random peace keeper at most, but that's where he drew the lines.

George doesn't plan to fight, he knows he has no shot against whoever is in there. Or at least not on his own.

Sure he could counter scoundrels, and lost teenagers who didn't know better. But a whole freaking super villain? Don't put too much faith in him or you'd soon become an atheist.

Oh he really hoped it wasn't Hannah in there.

Arriving he hit the brakes hard, his bike swerving with a loud screeching sound and a burnt smell coming from his tires.

To avoid drawing attention, and inevitably risking alerting the villain — villains? — on scene, George had made sure to make himself fully invisible before parking by the glass building.

And Fun fact if you missed a few chapters, but George had the ability to render anything invisible as long as he was touching it, meaning it didn't matter whether George was invisible too or not.

Tearing off the helmet from his head, George made his way inside the building. That part wasn't hard when you have the code access and didn't have to find a way to break in.

Although from the look of it whoever was in there was neat enough to not temper with the tempered glass.
They had made a smooth entrance, at least they got points for style for that one. 

George hadn't been much to the main office, yet he still knew his way around from the rare occasion the company actually wanted to see their employee face to face instead of video calling. And trust that part was annoying. 

Typically if you wanted to work on anything, even minor you had to pitch an idea to a supervisor. And technically speaking the main Office were meant to review every and each idea but turns out that when you have thousands of fusing brains to deal with it's easy to get overflowed with too bright ideas.

In the end most of the time Head Scientists ended reviewing their section idea pitch and autorozing, or not, the project to take place. And sometime it was too big for Head Scientist to mark it so they transfered the pitch to the higer ups, which meant you had to go to them and present your project as if your life depened on it - which it might have. 

George had to experience it firsthand at least once or twice per year. And most of the time he just stayed at the lab and was transfered to the conference room to talk to them via zoom. How professional. 

But it happened sometime, as previously said, that the Office finally found time to do the job they assigned themselves with and appointed for George to come to the DSMP's Quarters in person to present his ideas. 

And so that's how George knew how to go to the control room which located itself after the door behind the reception, then a left, walk down the long corridor and turn right once you've reach the white labelled "Maintenance" door by the thermomical pipe.