Chapter eight

« – Ugh, look at them parading around like they own the place. I hate them so bad.

Spat a slim, brunette, fire in her eyes like embers.

She was sat leg crossed on top of the other on the crimson colored chair, her upper body leaning backward to the stuck in either repulsion or indignation.

On her right, on the couch rested her two best friends on their antique grey sofa, which style came straight from the 1850s.

Everything about the house was old and rustic, from the cutlery to the tapestry. The only thing modern was the equipment they all possessed, like this stolen 4K TV powered by an honestly paid internet bill. – Though the money used was not honestly earned –

Right now what was playing on the screen was the big event of the day : the parade held in honor of the celebrating three heroes : The DreamTeam. You could see people dressed up, waving flags and color coded banners. You could hear them scream in delight and appreciation. Confettis were thrown, marches were made and chars went by along the civilians on the roads.

« – And all that just because they are the good guys, keep that in mind Cate. Hannah spoke, setting her herbal tea on the small wooden coffee table before her.

   – People don't root for the bad guy do they? She added on, her voice serious and grave as she stared at Cate all the way from her leaned position back to a sitting straight one.

   – What! How are we bad? That's judgmental! maybe society is the real villain.

   – Cate that's the thought reasoning of vilains, we're vilains. Our right is people's wrong. Sylvee explained calmly.

   – Good thing we don't care about their opinion now do we? Hannah laughed.

   – Damn right we don't care.

   – Well, still. What so cool about those guys anyway? » Cate begrudged.

Her eyes went back to the TV screen. Right now most channels were displaying the big parade held for the three Heroes nicknamed the DreamTeam. What a dumb name, what were we? In a cartoon. Grow up or grow old, like for fuck sake seriously? The DreamTeam???

Their leader was some green dude who had the strength of some ripped gym-guy on steroids. His friends were a black and red demons with a hypocrital name and a firehead speedy guy.

Right now the green fuck could be seen on screen waving to the people in the crowd, a microphone quickly being shoved under his mask-covered nose.

The woman interviewing him was probably asking idiotic question like :

« Oh Dream, what does it feel like to be a hero? Also, I think you're so hot. »

And he'd say : « Well it's awesome, everyone loves me, I pull in all the ladies I want, I don't pay taxes and I get to legally kick people's butt all day long! »

Well not really, right now he was actually  crouching down before some overjoyed kid jumping up and down with a huge somewhat toothless grin.

« – Dream! You're my favorite!

   – What! No way, I feel so honored. But I also feel we shouldn't let Bad and Sap' know about this... They might get jealous you know. He said the last bit while faking being secretive with a hand to his mouth to mutter his voice from others.

With the huge mask covering the integrity of his face, it was quite ridiculous if you were to ask him.

   – It's okay... When I grow up I wanna be just like you! I will be super strong and I will be a superhero like you and Sapnap and BadBoyHalo! He declared with a huge grin splattered on his face.