Chapter Twenty Eight

Contrary to the previous day, the DreamTeam was required to make an entrance all together. Meaning this time there was no panic attack, no George to comfort Dream for ten minutes straight, and no being alone in this.

George was still here as he had gotten a VIP pass from the convention upon Dream's request. However he didn't say who it was for, so the brunet was safe, perhaps just looking like a rich folk for others, including to the convention eyes who had no idea who he might be.
So at least that was that.

He just couldn't see or hear him. Not through this crowd.

Because when they got through the door it was among praises and chants of their names; people yelling, wanting to grab their attention, phone being raised, some with the flash on.

Dream waved and smiled brightly under his mask, even though no one could see it.

Plus today was easier because just as planned they had spent thirty minutes outside by the main entrance to great fans and take pictures. It was already a way to take it easy, one step at a time.

Like fighting your fear of water. First you step foot in the kiddy pool then you'd dive into the big kids one.

But all that took time, and now it was 10 AM, meaning it was time to take a one hour break to meet with the heads-up and plan everything a bit more thoroughly, get organized better.

As of now now Dream only had one regret, and it was that he hadn't been able to spot George among the crowd yet.

But little did he know that soon enough they'd be reunited. Because as the Dream team had greeted the general manager with formal hand shakes and polite saying before sitting down a large couch, the door came open before closing up again. Yet it seemed no one has stepped inside.

« – Okay maybe you should get that checked out. Sapnap joked as he pointed to the door.

   – Yeah is this place haunted or something. Bad laughed, going along with his friend's joke.

   – Pf, there's no such things as ghosts. Dream scoffed.

And he meant it. Whether he was Clay, XD or Dream, there was one thing he would always be very open about and that would be his lack of faith in supernatural spirits.

   – In a way maybe he is right. Because if they did exist, I'm telling you, they would have already beat up his ass from all the times he taunted them. Sapnap mocked the other, smiling smugly as the people in the room laughed to his insult.

Dream chose to be fazed by it. Until it was his turn to erupt in loud laughter as Sapnap yelled in the least manly way possible, his whole body jumping up to the ceiling.

And the cause of his fright? A malicious 404 had chose to sneak up behind him alwhile invisible before becoming apparent again and just saying a small "boo" by the firebender's ear.

« – It's not funny! The hero tried to defend himself with a voice crack, and red in the face.

   – It is, It is! Oh I wished we had filmed that. Dream cackled between spurts of laughter.

   – I know, I know, I'm the funniest dude you've ever seen, but please people, tone it down. You're flattering me! 404 kept on joking as he went to sit down on a vacant cautioned chair, pretending to fan himself with his hand.

   – Oh fuck you, you little piece of shit. I'm so getting back at you, just you wait.

  – What, little old me? But would you really to taunt a phantom? 404 humoured as he started putting an open hand in front of his face before slowly bringing it down. The moment the hand had reached half of his face, he made himself vanish into thin air for the human eye.