Ch. 24: Pinky Promise

The next day, Boscha was helping Luz decorate her new room.

"Boscha, I think this would look good over here." Luz said, pointing to a spot on the wall.

Boscha put up the shelf.

"So, looking forward to spending time with your big sister?" Boscha asked, smiling.

"Yes but do you have to keep saying that? I know you're my big sister but only by a few seconds. It doesn't matter." Luz said, moving towards her new dresser.

"It does to me and I'll say it as many times as I want to make up for lost time." Boscha said.

Boscha patted Luz's head as she said that.

"Are you ready for your entrance exam next week?" Boscha asked.

"Yeah but the requirements seem kind of weird. Only needing two spells or I'll be put in a baby class?" Luz said to her.

"Well, that doesn't matter, because you know two spells, I you're already such a powerful illusionist that your illusions can become real." Boscha said.

"True." Luz said with a nod.

"And the transformation spell you've been doing for years. You're basically a pro with it already." Boscha said, "Camila said that you melted her once."

"Yeah, that... that was an accident." Luz said, "I was grounded for that."

"I'm still proud." Boscha said.

"I'm sure you are." Luz said.

They finished the room within a few minutes before admiring their handy work.

"Not bad." Luz said.

"Yep, you have plenty of room for all the trophies you'll get." Boscha said.

"Uh, I don't think I'll be a trophy person." Luz said, "Are you?"

Boscha chuckled.

"Follow me."

Boscha lead Luz down the hall to her own room, opening the door to show it decorated with various trophies, plaques, and ribbons. All she had won over the years from either potions, magical abilities, or sports prowess.

"Dios mio." Luz said with three wide eyes.

"No idea what that means." Boscha said, smirking, "But I do know what shock looks like. Yeah, I'm pretty cool."

Boscha lead Luz inside to show her the trophies up close.

"Still not entirely sure what Grudgby is, but it seems like you are really good at it."

"Thank you and don't worry, I'll give you a personal example with my friends this afternoon. Once you see it, I know you'll love it." Boscha said.

'Maybe even try out for the team if she really likes it.' Boscha thought.

"Is Amelia going to be there?" Luz asked, "Because she didn't seem too happy with you last time."

"She'll be fine. This isn't the first time I've made her mad, she'll cool down." Boscha said nonchalantly.

"I'm beginning to question if you treat all your friendships like this." Luz said.

"I do it out of love and care, sis." Boscha said.

"Yeah, I'm sure they'll say the same thing." Luz said.

Boscha knew Luz was sarcastic but she was loving this sisterly banter between them.

"Anyway, let me show you my potion awards. I'll also teach you how to use our potion nose to the fullest." Boscha said to her.

"Ugh, I learned that the hard way after smelling a certain potion." Luz said, groaning from the memory.

"If it makes you feel better, I did that too." Boscha said, "What was yours, mine was a rat poison potion."

"Weed killer." Luz said.

Boscha winced at this, shaking her head at this.

"Damn, Sasha. That is a stomach destroyer. We have to wear special masks if we want to make or even use weed killer potions." Boscha said to Luz/Sasha.

"Why does everyone tell me this AFTER I did it?" Luz asked, "It would've been nice to of gotten the warning BEFORE!"

"You didn't know, so it's not your fault." Boscha said to her, "Besides, it's a learning experience."

"Yeah, I guess but I prefer not to do something like that again." Luz said.

"A more controlled potion making experience." Boscha said to her sister. "That's the only way to make and smell potions. This nose is our most powerful weapon."

"Like a bloodhound." Luz said, confusing Boscha.

"Is that more Spanish or a human thing?" Boscha asked.

"It's a dog on Earth. What's this one?" Luz asked, picking up the small trophy, "World's greatest girlfriend... aw, that's so sweet."

Boscha blushed from this before taking the trophy from Luz!

"You weren't suppose to see that one!" Boscha said, rushing to her makeup mirror and putting it in the desk.

"Wait don't hide it! It's cute." Luz said.

"It's just a... personal one." Boscha said, "The first trophy that made me happy, not one that made me feel superior."

"Oh, I guess they mean a lot to you, huh?" Luz asked about Willow and Skara.

"They mean the WORLD to me, both worlds if I ever visit the human realm." Boscha said to her sister, "They're the reason I'm not a horrible person. They're the reason I didn't return to being a potion."

"Return? What do you mean?" Luz asked, getting a bad feeling about the way Boscha said that.

"There is... a potion that can be used to undo many different potions." Boscha said, "It's used when you mess up a potion so you can start again... and since we're from a potion, it would've-"

Luz hugged her.

"Please... never do something like that." Luz said, "I can't imagine what it was like to lose me, because I didn't remember you, but now we're together... please... never do something like that, I don't want to watch as my big sister is reduced to a puddle on the floor."

Boscha began to cry silently as she hugged Luz back, not wanting this to be like a bad dream and wake up to find she never came home!

"I promise." Boscha whispered.

"Boscha, please tell me if you ever have thoughts like that." Luz said, "I just got my family back, I can't lose you."

"I will and if you ever need to tell me anything, don't hesitate okay?" Boscha asked as Luz pulled back.

"Pinky promise. You do have those here, right?" Luz asked, holding her pinky up.

"Of course." Boscha said, holding her pinky up.

The twins locked their pinkies and smiled. A promise made and a bond strengthened, unable to be destroyed by anyone ever again.