Ch. 27: The First Class

As the school's most popular Throuple was walking to class, the two Illusionist walked to their class.

"Whoa! This place is amazing!" Luz said, looking around the room.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool with your first time." Gus said, leading Luz to a table. "This is where I sit. Here, you can sit next to me."

"Really? Don't you have someone to sit next to?" Luz asked him.

"It doesn't really matter, I just always like to sit here." Gus said.

Luz sat next to him. The rest of the class was conversing among themselves as the teacher walked into the room.

"Hello class." She said, "Now, I have heard the rumors of a new kid joining the class, and even more that it's the long lost Triplet girl."

All eyes fell on Luz, making her a bit nervous as she put on a shaky smile and stood up from her set.

"H-Hi. That would be me." Luz said.

"No need to be nervous, introduce yourself."

'That's easier said than done.' Luz thought before clearing her throat.

"Hi, I'm the lost Triplet twin. Somehow ended up in the human world and lived there for about 10 years, my human name is Luz Noceda and my witch name is Sasha Triplet." Luz said, waving to everyone. "You can call me either or just one."

Luz immediately sat back down, not wanting to be the center of attention.

"Alright, Ms. Triplet, thank you for sharing with us. For today, we'll be reviewing what we covered last semester, so you'll have time to adjust to class." The teacher said, turning to the board.

Luz looked at the board.

'Okay, first day of class is a review. So all I need to do is take notes, this should be easy.' Luz thought as she pulled out her notebook.

She began writing, when the teacher asked for a volunteer... and that would be Luz.

"Are you sure, Ms. Triplet?" She asked Luz.

"Not really but hands on experience does help in learning." Luz said, walking up to the front, "Besides, my magic is so strong that my illusions become real."

"Really?" The teacher asked, surprised.

"Really. I had to keep a human appearance up for 10 years, it helped." Luz said.

Luz put up a finger. With a quick circle, Luz had changed back into her "human" form as everyone could see what she had to look like for 10 years.

"Tada!" Luz said.

Everyone was in awe of this, the teacher especially as she could sense the amount of control Luz was exerting to maintain this illusion.

'This level of control is incredible.' She thought in surprise. 'Not even I have had level of control at her age. I've only heard legends about the Triplet families magical potential, and this girl is going to be a master Illusionist, I can tell.'

"Very impressive, Luz. And you learned this all on your own in the human realm?" The teacher asked.

"Trial and error, all by myself. It really wasn't easy." Luz said, canceling her "human" appearance, "My... adopted mom wasn't too happy sometimes. She kind of has been on the receiving end of my magic."

"I'm sure you have many stories but we can hear those later." The teacher said to Luz.

Luz nodded and went back to her seat. Gus himself was looking at Luz in amazement as his questions for her had increased 10 fold at least.

"We can talk later." Luz said.

Gus simply nodded as the class continued, taking notes while pushing all of his human questions in the back of his mind.