Ch. 25: New Life

A few days later, Luz woke up in bed and sat up. She yawned loudly as she gazed around her new room, fully decorated and feeling like she had lived there for years. The first thing she put up on the wall, was a picture of her and Boscha their moms took that first night Luz was home. Boscha was practically strangling Luz would how tightly she was hugging her.

"Hehehehehe, good times." Luz said as she got out of bed.

She got out of bed and into her private bathroom.

"The perks of being rich."

A perk Luz would try not to let got to her head but she would enjoy it as much as she could to "make up for lost time" as she would say. She walked over to the sink and smiled, all three eyes wide, and her fangs showing.

"Hello, good looking!" Luz said, winking with her right and middle eye. "Ready to seize the day!"

Luz skipped over to the shower. She sang a little song as she got ready, giving off nothing but positive energy as her somewhat decent singing voice filled the room. She got out of the shower and put clothes on. Not the ones that Boscha thought that were "fashionable", and not the outfits that Camila, Eda, Elizabeth, and Mavis bought, but a very special one. While Boscha wore yellow most of the time, Luz found light blue to be a nicer color.

"Perfect." Luz said

It was almost an exact copy of one of Boscha's outfit, but cyan. Surprise, surprise, Luz passed her magic entrance exam with ease and she chose the illusion track at Hexside to enroll in. Both for her excellent illusion magic and her developing transformation magic. The principal was very impressed by her illusions, as her magic was so powerful that they can become real. The teachers were looking very excited to see if the rumors were true, and Luz was looking forward to showing off.

'Pride comes before the falls but I don't care! I'm proud to be prideful!' Luz thought, straightening her school uniform before heading down for breakfast.

She jumped on the stair railing and slid down.

"Whooooooooo!" Luz cheered as she slid down the long railing! "I love having long stairs!"

"Hey, don't start the fun without!" Boscha said, watching from the top.

"You snooze, you Luz!" Luz said, joking as she used her name in the burn.

Boscha slid down the railing and tackled Luz.

"RAH!" Boscha said as they rolled on the floor before she sat on her sister's back. "Sorry, Sasha, but YOU lose."

Luz smirked and made a spell circle, disappearing before reappearing on Boscha's back.

"You sure about that?" Luz asked, "Never mess with an Illusionist."

"What?! How did you?!" Boscha asked in shock, trying to comprehends this. "You basically just broke the laws of reality!"

"That's my secret." Luz said with a Cheshire grin.

"Why I outta-"

"Girls, the servants made spent a long time making breakfast, don't make that go to waste." Elizabeth said, coming in, "Sasha, stop sitting on Boscha."

"Okay, mom, okay." Luz said, getting up from her sister. "Just a little morning fun."

"And morning pay pack when you least expect it, Sasha." Boscha said to her sister.

"Then I'll make sure I send an illusion in my place." Luz said.

"Girls, enough!" Elizabeth said firmly, glaring at them with all three eyes.

'But I love how close they get to argue like this.' Elizabeth thought as she lead them towards the dining room.

"Yes, mom." They said.

'This isn't over. I still owe her for transforming me into a poster.' Boscha thought.

Boscha would get her for it, that was a promise. Once they reached the dining room, the family went to sit in their proper places.

"Are you excited for your first day of school, Sasha?" Mavis asked.

"Excited and nervous. I don't know what to expect when I get there." Luz said, eating her breakfast.

"Oh, don't be nervous, you'll be top of the class within the day." Elizabeth said.

"It's not that, it's just... I've been Luz Noceda my whole life, and suddenly, I'm Sasha Triplet, it's still a bit nerve racking that I've basically having to get accustomed to this new life."

"That's understandable but not a bad thing. You can take what you gained from your old life and apply it to this new one, even keeping your human name if you want." Mavis said to her.

"Really?" Luz asked.

"Sure. You could even find a way to mix both your names if you want." Boscha said to her sister.

Luz did like that, even if she had no idea what she could call herself... guess she'll figure that out later.

"I'll keep that in mind, mom." Luz said with a smile.

Breakfast from that point was nice and happy, much more than it had been for years. Something they never thought would happen... the whole family together.