Ch. 17: Spicy Noodles

Elsewhere, Luz and Boscha landed in the market. Boscha was a giddy as a child that won a lifetime supply of candy, Luz feared Boscha's face might stay like this if she didn't stop smiling.

"Sis? Do you need something to help your face?" Luz asked her.

"No I'm good but I can try to tone down in the smiling." Boscha said, rubbing her cheeks since she was already sore from all the smiling.

Boscha grabbed Luz's hand and just looked at her.

"I'm so glad you're back!"

"I am too, I didn't think I would find you so soon but I'm glad I did." Luz said, smiling a bit.

"Now, let's go show the world that the Triplet Twins are back!" Boscha said.

"Correction, let's INTRODUCE them to the Triplet Twins." Luz said with her finger up.

'Hmm, Sasha Triplet. Luz Noceda. Sasha Luz Triplet-Noceda?' Luz thought, combining her two names, 'Eh, I'll figure that out later.'

Right now, Luz/Sasha would just focus on having a great birthday with her sister and see everything the town has to offer.

"So, where to first?"

"That noodle stand I told you about, you will be wanting to KILL for more." Boscha said, leading the way.

"Please tell me I won't actually want to kill someone." Luz said.

"You won't but you might feel like that when you taste how good they are. Trust me." Boscha said, remembering her first time eating from the noodle stand.

"Okay....." Luz said before she quickly prayed in Spanish to the gods of both worlds.

'I really need to learn some of that Spanish stuff.' Boscha thought.

She wanted to be close with her sister, and speaking a language that only they would know would be great! Once they reached the noodle stand, it looked like it was closing up. Which was perfect for Boscha because it gave her and Luz/Sasha a chance to talk alone.

"Perfect! Hey, Renfield!" Boscha shouted at the shopkeeper.

"Ms. Triplet! Glad to see you." Renfield said, an older looking demon with blue skin, 8 arms, 4 eyes, and a crown of black horns around his head.

His attire was a black apron and cargo pants.

"Look at who I have with me." Boscha said, pulling the other triclops next to her.

"Hi?" Luz said, waving at him.

"By the Titan, is that who I think it is?" Renfield asked.

Boscha nodded.

"Yep! This is Sasha! My long lost twin sister!" Boscha said happily.

"Hi. You can call me Sasha or Luz, I'm good with either." Luz said.

"Well, nice to finally meet you." He said, "You can call me Renfield, but I prefer the term great uncle more."

"Great uncle?" Luz asked.

"Yep, this is our grandfather's brother." Boscha said.

"Meaning you get 75% off. Family and birthday discounts." Renfield said with a wink from his top left eye. "Which helps because if you have an appetite like Boscha, you're gonna have quite the tab."

"That was one time." Boscha said, walking to sit on a stool.

"One time is enough." he said.

Luz chuckled a bit before walking to join Boscha in the stool next to her.

"So, what do you recommend?" Luz asked.

"Depends, do you like spicy?" Boscha asked.

"My adoptive parents are Latino, I have spice running through my veins!"

"I don't know what that means but I know what to get us!" Boscha said before turning to Renfield. "Two bowls of devil spice noodles!"

"Oh, it's going to be a long night." Renfield said.

Using his eight arms and moving at surprising speeds, Renfield prepared two bowls of devil spice noodles for Boscha and Luz/Sasha before sliding them to the girls.

"Dig in while it's hot!" He said with a grin.

"Gladly." Boscha said.

Luz/Sasha looked at the noodles and took a deep whiff, taking in the scent and the spice level in her nose. She had built up quite the immunity and could handle burning nostrils from just smelling spicy foods, even able to judge them by it too.

"These smell good."

"Just wait until you taste it." Boscha said, breaking some chopsticks apart.

'So they have chopsticks here? Cool.' Luz thought as she picked up her own. 'Good thing I know how to use them.'

Luz took a bit of noodles and ate them, amazed at the taste. She took another bite, a big one with a long slurp as she sucked up as much as she could!

"Mmmmm!" Luz let out as she chewed happily.

"I figured you'd like it." Boscha said.

Boscha smiled at her twin.

"So, liking your fifteenth birthday?" Boscha asked.

Luz started choking.

"Fifteenth!?"

"Yes? Today's my birthday and by definition your birthday since were twins." Boscha said, a little confused. "Did you not know that?"

"NO! I've just been using the day mamí found me as my birthday." Luz said to her sister, "And I'm fifteen!? Oh I need to tell Mami!"

"Uh, it's just a birthday." Boscha said.

"In the culture of my Mami, a girls fifteenth birthday is special, it's seen as a girl becoming a woman!" Luz said.

"Becoming a woman?" Renfield asked, intrigued.

"Uh huh! In Hispanic culture, it's called a "Quinceanera!"" Luz said in excitement before gasping. "Oh my god, we can have one together, Boscha!"

"A party with my little sister? Hell yeah!" Boscha said.

"Then let's eat and let's go!" Luz said, eating a bit faster than before.

"Careful now! You shouldn't eat those noodles too fast!" Renfield said to her.

Luz didn't listen.

"Why? What's the worst that could happen?" Luz asked, her mouth full as she kept eating.

"Hehehehehe" Boscha chuckled a bit.

"Oh boy." Renfield said, shaking his head.

"Uh, why are you laughing like-

Luz let out a burp and shot fire from her mouth. The stream hit Renfield in the face, who was unaffected as he simply waited for it to stop shooting for a few seconds.

"W-Wow." Luz said, her mouth smoking from the fire.

"THAT is why you shouldn't eat the noodles too fast." Renfield said, using one arm to make a water spell to wash his face. "Boscha nearly burned my stand down her fists time."

"That... was awesome!" Luz said.

"Right?" Boscha said with a smirk.

"Let's do it again!" Luz said before noticing her bowl was empty. "Another bowl please."

"Yep, you're definitely a Triplet." Renfield said.

"Then test her like one! Serve them up!" Boscha said, putting a $1000 on the stand. "We can keep going!"

"Yeah!" Luz said, still hungry for more!