e i g h t 💖

~ no one's pov ~

After a few days pasted by, Nari had heard nothing from her best friend about how her mother was doing. This week she wasn't doing any dance lessons so that meant she was at work at the small cafe around the corner from her apartment.

She decided awhile back that she needed a part time job just to help out a bit more with rent for the apartment.

Today she had work from 12pm to 5pm, great.

~ Nari's pov ~

Buzz....buzz....buzz...buzz. Ughhh. 8:30am the clock read, Nari rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom turning the shower on to heat up. Brushing her hair before hopping into the shower, she walked out of the bathroom in an oversized t-shirt and shorts with her wet hair up in the towel. Then grabs her phone from her beside table.

It's been 3 days since I last went on my social media and stuff, I've only been checking my phone to see if Mi Hi has messaged me about her mum. I messaged straight after saying I was praying for her and also to keep me updated.

She took her hair out of the towel and started drying it, after styling her hair in with some loose curls at the ends and using a claw clip to put some of it up,

(Here is what it looks like)

She headed into the kitchen of her apartment to make some breakfast. Grabbing a slick of bread and toasting it before putting some butter on it. She sat on one of the kitchen stools and picked up her phone, sighing as she sees no messages from her best friend.

I hope everything is ok with her mum, she sighed before she ate her breakfast. Then heading back to her room to change into her outfit for the day. A black crop top, black jeans and a checkered flannel, and to finish it off a pair of black converse.

After getting ready the time showed 11am, time to head to the cafe, I grab my bag, phone and house keys before heading out the door

After getting ready the time showed 11am, time to head to the cafe, I grab my bag, phone and house keys before heading out the door. The cafe is about a 45 minute walk from my apartment so I'm usually early for my shift.

I head along the street while listening to my straykids playlist, it's compiled of all my favourite songs of theirs, basically all of their songs, but it's shortened to ones that are my all time favourites.

I use music as my escape from reality, it helps me forget about my worries and feelings, it's helping me forget about the sad news of MiHi's mum, she always cared for me like I was one of her daughters, she was the mother I always wanted due to my parents always fighting it left me with a mother who was always angry at something so I stayed away from both my parents as much as I could.

I slowly start to see the cafe in the distance, I love working here, the customers are so kind and the owners are so lovely. It's a wee old couple who have owned this cafe for over 45 years, I love them so much their so caring towards their employees.

I walk through the front doors to the cafe and am greeted with a smile by one of my work friends Kai, he is 22 and has been my friend since I started working her 2 years ago, it's safe to say we're your typical type of friends. We gossip about everything and anything and we always have a good laugh at work.

I walk up to the front desk and go behind into the back to put my bag in my locker, I place my bag in and close the door after grabbing my apron.

"So how have you been girl?" Kai says as I walk up beside him at the counter. I chuckle before responding, "I've been better, how have you been?" His smile slightly fades at my answer, I briefly told him and MiHi's mum, he was very upset but he's been helping me feel a little bit less depressed.

"I'm great and you won't even believe the gossip I have for you." I laugh at him because he always has the best gossip, no matter what it is, its always interesting and always so juicy.

It's safe to say people have asked if we are dating before because of how much we laugh and talk to each other at work but one thing they don't know before they are told is that Kai is gay.

"So I don't know if you will have heard about this but social media is blowing up." I furrow my eyebrows, i have been a bit off the grid recently, "oh then I definitely don't know, I haven't been on social media for the past few days." I reply.

"Oh girl you've been missing out, so basically-" Kai was cut off by a few customers coming into the cafe, he mouthed 'I'll tell you later' I just nodded my head before walking out from behind the counter to clean some of the tables.

————————————————————————

What do you think the gossip is that Kai has for Nari from social media? Also why isn't MiHi responding to Nari? Is her mum not doing so well?

I want to say thank you for all the readers I am getting! Also thank you so much to everyone who is voting for my story it means so much to me, I just wanted to say a big thank you & I love you all🩵

Anyways I will see you all in the next chapter!

Word count: 862