t w e n t y - e i g h t

• Nari's pov •

"Excuse me, I think we've met before."

I turn to my left and standing before me is Hyunjin, looking down at me with a playful smile on his face. I chuckled to myself, shaking my head "yes just about 30 minutes ago right?"

He dramatically gasped, "I believe it was longer than that, I can't believe you forgot me." He turned away holding his chest acting hurt by my words. Holding back my laugh I manage to get out, "oh I'm terribly sorry, what can I do to get you to forgive me?"

He turned around and smiled, "I'm glad you asked, when do you finish work?" I sighed, "4:30" that was 3 hours away, "well I shall meet you after work and you'll see what you can do to get me to forgive you." He said with a smirk as he turned and walked towards the exit.

*time skip*

It's now 3:30pm and I'm just cleaning some tables in the cafe as it has begun to get quite quiet now, as I'm heading back to the counter to take the dirty plates and cups to the kitchen the bell above the door rung.

My eyes must be playing tricks on me right now, there is no way they are here...

Before they see me I head quickly into the kitchen where Kai was, "you need to go greet the customers, please." I say trying to stop the panic rising inside myself.

Kai's expression showed how worried he was at my reaction to whoever had just came in, he quickly headed out without a question. I then sat on the bench next to the lockers, and steadied my breathing.

After about 10 minutes Kai return with a strange look on his face, he sat next to me and we sat in silence for a few moments. "That's your parents isn't it..." was all he said as I sat processing everything.

After a moment of silence after the question and Kai looking at me with concern all across his face I slowly nodded my head, how the hell did the end up in the one cafe I worked in?!

*time skip 30mins*

My parents finally left the cafe at about 4:15pm, I was able to come out from the back and help Kai clean up the cafe for closing at 4:30pm.

I didn't really want to talk about the situation, it was the first time I had seen my parents in 4 years, the last I knew of them I heard they had moved from Seoul to Busan for my fathers work.

To be honest Ed I was surprised they were still together however, it brought back so many memories and feeling I didn't want to feel or experience ever again.

"I'm sorry you have to see them again." Kai said from beside me, snapping me out of my thoughts that had left me stood frozen on the spot, all I could do was give him a half hearted smile.

After cleaning the cafe and locking the front door, flipping the closed sign and locking everything up me and Kai headed out the back and round to the front of the shop.

"Enjoy your date with Hyunjin." Kai said almost under his breath as he nudged my shoulder signalling to the man stood leaning against the lamp post in-front of the cafe.

"I'll see you on Wednesday." I said and waved to Kai as he left. I walked over to Hyunjin and he pulled me into a tight hug, I couldn't help but melt into the hug, I didn't realise it was exactly what I needed.

"So are you ready?" He asked as we walked over to his parked car, "for what exactly?" I questioned and he just smirked at me as he opened the passenger door for me.

————————————————————————
Sorry for the long wait for the next chapter😭 I just haven't had inspiration but I'm back and going to write as much as I can, hopefully this story will be at least 35-40 chapters long so we are getting close to the end!

I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for all the readers I have on this it means so much to me🥰
Until next time enjoy and stay safe!

Word count: 645