14

The next day, Y/n and Grimmjow were outside of their hut the whole afternoon soaking in the sun. Y/n was in the pool, and Grimmjow was sitting on a lounge chair with sunglasses on.

 Y/n was in the pool, and Grimmjow was sitting on a lounge chair with sunglasses on

"I cannot believe you brought me out here Grimm. It's beautiful." Y/n says looking at the crystal clear water.

She looks over at Grimmjow, he's not paying attention. He's been in his own world about what Y/n said to him last night. He wanted to tell her about it, but didn't know how. 

"Grimmjow?"

"Hm?"

"There you are." She swims closer. "Where were you just now?"

"In my head."

"What's in there besides air?" She jokes.

Grimmjow scoffs. "My new job that I start when we come back."

"Oh! You have a job now?"

"An accountant."

"Ohhhh, are you gonna wear a suit and look extra edible?"

"I might. They haven't discussed everything with the attire yet."

"Hm, I'm sure it's not too bad. Professional attire for men is easy."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is! Suit and tie, next..."

"Alright, I'll give you that one."

Y/n splashes water on him, "Shut up."

"Hey! I wasn't tryin to get wet." He leans forward looking at the water on his arms.

"Well, you're wet now. What are you gonna do about it?" She teases.

"Nothin... When I start work, are you gonna come visit me?"

"Will Nel be visiting too?"

"No."

"Then yeah." She smiled.

"Y/n... Don't think I want to be with her, I kind of have to."

The mood got a little serious, Y/n grabs hold of the edge of the pool giving him her full attention. "Mhmmm... And?"

"And it hinders me a lot. It's a whole backstory that I don't want to get into but... I think when I go back home, I'll just tell her that it's done."

"Like.. You'll break up with her?"

"Yeah. There's no love in it. I don't feel anything. I haven't felt anything since she cheated."

"She what?"

"Why do you think I do it?" He asked.

"I figured you just didn't give a damn."

"I don't but that's not the whole reason why. She cheated multiple times, when I figured it out I started cheating and have just been content. But I want to be happy."