07 | Snake versus Lion

"we're gonna smash the game today." Draco utters in full confidence as he sits down for breakfast.

"definitely." Blaise agrees with him quickly. Draco is very competitive and when it comes to quidditch, you better not get in his way or he might just rip your head off.

"I can't wait to see Potter's face when I catch the snitch right before his eyes and he looses." Draco hisses and then starts shoving more and more food into his mouth.

I chuckle at his behavior, next to me, Iris does as well.

I start eating my food, some scrambled eggs and a toast as I suddenly feel eyes on me.

I look around the table only to see Mattheo gazing over at me. But not in his normal I-hate-everyone-and-I-wanna-kill-you glare, but in this somewhat comforting gaze.

He has been staring a lot at me lately, after we talked about aligning forces. I have caught him doing it everywhere, when he sits on the other side of the class, at breakfast, hell, even when we are just in the common room together.

It makes me think that he is still trying to read my mind.

A few weeks have gone by and we also haven't been fighting, we have actually had, not a lot, but a few regular conversations like normal human beings.

Maybe our status is going back to what it was before him and his brother vanished from the earth.

Of course, he always hated everyone and was this kind of loner but we got along. In fact the only people he somehow got along with were his brother and me.

So maybe we are going back to trusting each other a tiny amount, which would be enough for me.

"earth to Ophelia," Enzo snaps his fingers in front of my face and I get back into reality, "who do you think will win?" he asks.

"well i'm rooting for Slytherin obviously." I state.

Now that I am not with Reid anymore, there is not really a reason for me to cheer for Gryffindor. If Hermine would be playing then I might consider it, as we built quite a friendly bond over the years, but me and her also haven't talked since Reid and I broke up.

"we have been training like crazy so i'd be hella mad if potter won." Draco scoffs and I hear Astoria snigger.

I have to admit, Quidditch players that had just lost a game are sex gods, and that is not an underestimation.

We talk a little more until the players of our house get to the pitch to train one last time. Us girls then talk a little more until the game is about to start and we go there as well.

Me and Iris, next to Daphne, Astoria and Pansy, look for a good place to observe everything as the game starts.

The snitch gets launched in the air and vanishes. Honestly I don't understand how the seekers are able to see that small thing.

Right now it looks very good for Slytherin. We have 60 points and Gryffindor only has 40. But if Gryffindor would catch the snitch now, we would still loose.

Lee is commenting on the game as fast and good as nobody else does it. If he weren't so terrible on a broom, he would be the perfect seeker because he can observe everything that happens around him at the same time.

I look around and see Potter frantically flying behind what seems to be the golden snitch and Draco behind Potter.

This is a head to head race and Potter seems to be winning.

In that moment, Potter catches the snitch and Lee declares the game to be over. Fuck. Gryffindor won.

Draco seem to want to jump of his broom, he is that agitated.