15 | Truth

Last night I slept over at the Riddle manor since we stayed up pretty late and everything would just be easier for the meeting today.

After we went downstairs in the appropriate attire, the death eaters started to arrive. I soon see my family and friends sitting down at the table.

Then the Dark Lord starts talking, "so, you all might be confused on why I called you here today. I have decided to reveal something, something that I have kept for a long time to myself now." he explains and confused whispers roam the rows.

"As you all know, I want to kill Harry Potter, the boy that has made all our lives miserable. And I have recently come to terms that it is impossible for me to fulfill this task alone. So I decided to put it upon someone else."

me

Bellatrix lets out a little hissing laugh, "let me do it, Dark Lord. I am more than willing to kill the boy."

"Quiet!" The Dark Lord shouts as expected.

Bellatrix goes quiet and looks down at her hands. She would do anything to make him happy, even if it meant giving her own life. She is definitely the most dedicated death eater known.

"Ophelia, will you come forward."

My heart starts to beat out of my chest as I slowly stand up and walk to the end of the table, where the Dark Lord has his seat.

"I have decided to put this task upon Ophelia." he states and the whispers make my anxiety worse.

"but she's just a child?"
"what could she possible do?"
"she could never."

I try to keep my calm as good as possible. Why would he tell everyone now all of a sudden?

"I see you are all wondering why I chose her. Then let me tell you all something. She is strong. Stronger than you, Zabini, Goyle, Malfoy, even my own Children."

Is he going to tell them? What would happen if they did know?

"I could beat her in a duel any time, she is just a Child!" Crabbe Sr. yells.

"You could never. And she isn't just a child. She is a weapon."

I am not a weapon, nor a monster, I still am just a child.

"Never!"

"Quiet or I will slit your throat." Mattheo threatens him and he immediately goes quiet.

"Dark Lord, tell us why you choose her?" Bellatrix asks rather calmly.

"Because her blood is one of the strongest wizard-kind has ever known. She was never a real Malfoy. That was a petty excuse for her to be accepted."

Hushes and whispers go through the rows again and more and more instability and unsteadiness build up in my chest.

I lean down to the dark Lord and whisper, "this was not part of the plan. Never was I supposed to tell anyone!"

"plans change." He utters cold without turning to me.

There is no turning back. I look around and see all my friends looking at me in shock and confusion. Iris and Draco especially, they look disappointed and hurt.

"She always was and always will be a Grindelwald." he states and tension fills the ear.

Panic rises inside my head and I have never felt so helpless, as if everyone would look at me differently now and I would loose all my friends forever.

"a G-Grindelwald?" Lucius stutters, "you put a Grindelwald under my roof?"

"Oh Lucius, don't act like that. You sound like a scared child." the Dark Lord hisses.