38 | One year

We have been together for a year now. A year full of ups and downs and we all managed to get through them together.

And I remember it all vividly like it was yesterday, the day we first kissed, the day of the yule ball when he confessed, valentines day when we both said the L-Word finally. It all happened so fast, but it still feels like it just happened.

Everything took place when the world went to shit and yet we managed to keep our relationship out of all the drama.

"oh come on, today is your birthday, I should be taking you out." I whine while following him like a puppy.

He gives my hand a light squeeze and smiles, "but it's also our anniversary and that's more important. Also, last year you were taking me out even though I wanted to."

"your impression of importance is kinda fucked, you know that eh? But ugh fine." I chuckle.

He doesn't answer, just snickers.

"where are you taking me anyways?"

"shopping and then dinner." he answers briefly and for a moment i'm confused because I didn't think he would answer.

"oh merlin." I air with a smile.

It doesn't take us long until we reach Hogsmeade.

"so where do you wanna go first?" he asks me.

I look around and shrug, "no idea."

"how about Gladrags Wizardwear?"

I smile at him and nod vividly.

We walk into the shop and look around. I pick up a red short skirt, a black tanktop and and a short wine red dress, as well as grey sweatpants.

Mattheo looks down at my choice of clothing while handing me a purple lace bra, "grey sweats?" he asks.

"For you. Purple, I like it. I don't have a purple one yet."

"I know, that's why I picked it out." he shrugs with a smirk.

"sometimes it shocks me how well you know my wardrobe. I'm gonna try on this stuff but you have to try the sweats."

"fine." he furrows his brows, seemingly not understanding my thoughts.

We both go into a separate fitting room and I try on the clothes.

Then, as I put on the purple lace bra, Mattheo slips into my fitting room.

He is only wearing the grey sweats and I can see the top of his boxers peaking out. For whatever reason he also took off his shirt, not that I could complain at the sight.

He has been training a lot and you can definitely see that when looking at his abs or generally his body. His muscles are defined and his biceps flexes every time when he moves his arm.

"why did you take off your shirt?" I ask bluntly while eyeing his god-like body.

"wanted to try on another shirt but I also wanted to show you the sweats first. And I kinda forgot to put my shirt back on, not that you haven't seen me without a shirt yet." He emphasizes the last part.

"yea you should definitely buy them, or I will buy them for you." I bite my bottom lip slightly.

"why do you like them so much?" he finally asks.

"because you look hot as fuck when wearing them." I state bluntly.

His lips form into a mischievous smirk as he comes closer. He puts his hands on my waist and presses a short but passionate kiss on my lips, "you don't look too bad yourself in that bra. The color really suits you."