23 | Death

Tw: mention of death

"-and then she gave me a rose and it was literally the cutest thing on earth and I swear to merlin that if I am ever as stupid as to even think of leaving her, you shall hex me in any way possible." Iris rants on while shoving some scrambled eggs and toast onto her plate.

Hogwarts Breakfast is definitely on the top of my list of what I will miss when we won't go here anymore. Because other than Draco, I will actually miss this place.

"Merlin, if you and Pansy ever break up then I will stop to believe in love." I chuckle before taking a bite of my toast.

"yea I just can't believe I'm so lucky to have her." She airs and only moments later, Pansy places a kiss on her cheek and sits down next to her.

"hey baby." she smiles and Iris' eyes immediately fill with love.

"fucking hell." Theodore snorts from in front of us, "too many love-associated things happened this year. I think i'm gonna hang myself."

"oh come on Theo, you'll find the perfect girl eventually." Pansy teases.

"fuck off Pansy." Theo rolls his eyes as Enzo pats his shoulders.

"hey." Iris says, furrowing her brows.

Hello overprotective girlfriend mode.

I chuckle to myself as the conversation between the three takes off into something completely different.

I look around the Slytherin table and see Draco and Astoria acting full on couple mode like always.

I then watch a few first years being intimidated by some prefects and other, older kids, laughing their ass off about it.

I smile to myself at the somewhat peaceful moment until someone taps on my shoulder, pulling me out of my daydream.

I turn around and see a first or second year, at most, holding a piece of paper in his hand. He hands it to me and nods, "this is from him." he whispers and quickly runs away.

Instead of asking myself something further, which I probably wouldn't even get an answer for, I open the folded paper.

Love,
he is gone and we need to think of something for the other one. Meet me later in the library and burn this paper after you read it.
M. R.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck.

Now it's finally real.

Dumbledore is dead and we- I have to kill Harry Potter.

With a silent spell, I burn the paper entirely, as I feel my heart rate to rise.

I quickly eat my food before excusing myself and running off to the library to find Mattheo standing at the most hidden table.

I pull him into a hug immediately and whisper into his shoulder, "how'd you do it?"

"the old man was ready to die. Just didn't expect me to be the one to do it. They'll find him tomorrow probably so we need to act on the second part." he whispers back.

I nod and pull away from the hug.

He looks behind me for a moment before grinning at me and pressing his lips on mine. I move mine against his until I hear a voice behind me.

I immediately pull away and turn around. Harry. Fucking hell. He couldn't wait to interrupt?

This is the worst timing...or maybe...it is actually the best timing.