30 | Masked-ball

For whatever reason, Iris convinced me to wear a dress with a corset, meaning I can barely move, let alone breath. But I look pretty, and that's all that matters when it comes to a masked-ball.

She showed me the dress and I fell in love with it in an instant and now I regret putting it on.

My braided hair is up in a bun and there are definitely a few hair needles pocking into my skull.

I put my hands on my ribs and hardly breath out, "I fucking hate this already." I moan.

"who wants to be beautiful must suffer." Iris says as she hands me my black mask.

She is wearing a gorgeous orange dress, with no corset of course, and a black mask.

This ball is probably themed to be like the 19th century.

"what kind of stupid saying is that?" I look at her confused.

"it's supposed to sound better in german, Pansy told me."

"go on."

"wer schön sein will muss leiden." she utters, trying to remember the exact words.

"sounds nice." I agree with her hesitantly, "still doesn't make me any happier to be in this dress like a fucking doll."

She snickers and we suddenly hear a knock.

Me and Iris look over at the door and see Tom standing there and looking at me. He has this look in his eyes, that I can't identify properly. His eyes are narrowed down at my dress, his hands in his front pockets and one leg crossed over the other while leaning against the door frame.

"are you ready to go?" he asks low, looking me in the eyes the first time.

He is wearing a gorgeous black suit and a small black mask. He is pretty but the only thing going through my mind is Mattheo and how he supposedly looks in his suit.

"yea." I nod shortly.

Iris nods her head at me and I walk over to Tom, who puts out his hand for me to take. I do so and we slowly go down the stairs. I definitely know that I will never be wearing a corset and high heels at the same time ever again.

"you look good tonight." he says briefly.

"good?" I look at him almost offended, "do you know how much time and effort it took me to look like this?"

"fine, you look beautiful." he airs with a hint of truth in his voice.

I nod, accepting the answer, "thank you."

As we get into the main living room, we already see familiar faces hidden behind masks and standing around the room. Draco is attending with Astoria, Theo with Pansy, Blaise with Tracey, and moments later I see Iris and Enzo.

Fucking dammit.

If I could change who all of these people are arranged to, I would do it in an instant.

Suddenly I hear loud claps and me and Tom both turn to the noise. The Dark Lord, in a long black dress-like cloth, which looks like the ones he always wears, just a little more majestic, looks through the room with a high glance.

He is the only one not to wear a mask for whatever reason.

"thank you all for coming. I am glad to announce this ball as open since we have had so many great achievements in the last month. May you all dance and drink with pride, we deserve it." he utters coldly with something like a smile on his face.

A very nice song starts playing, reminding me of a muggle waltz, and Tom looks at me, holding out his hand to me again, "may I have this dance, m'lady."