(3) Dinner Date

Y/n's POV:

As we both sit down at our table, directly opposite each other, I take in the beauty of the area around me. Mizuhara must have had the same idea, as she soon opens her mouth to speak:

Mizuhara: "Wow! I never thought the inside of a restaurant could be so pretty. Even the seats look incredibly refined." She says, slowly turning her attention to the art on the walls and then finally back to me.

Y/n: "Yeah, I didn't expect it to be this nice either." I respond, smiling.

I then see Mizuhara with her hands, as if she's expecting something. I look confused for a  few seconds before it finally clicks.

Y/n: "Oh, sorry." I say, handing her the money, to which she shyly takes, before doing a complete 180 and reverting back to what I can only describe as her 'Girlfriend' persona.

We both take a look at our menus, deciding what to order for when the waiter arrives. I glance at Mizuhara's face and it instantly infatuates me. Her face, still and focused on deciding what to order, exhibits a new type of charm. Rather than portraying an pretty girl who could fall in love rather easily, a high-end level of innocence also hides within the same expression. One that is absent in many of the 'good-looking' girls I know of at the university. I stare in wonder for a little longer before turning back down to my menu.

I don't know why, but I don't feel that she's a bad person, one who simply cons people out of their money. But if I'm right, why is she a rental then? I think to myself, before getting cut off by the arrival of a waiter, ready to take our orders.

Waiter: "May I take your orders?"

Y/n: "I'd like one Tajima Beefsteak." I reply

Waiter: "And the lady?"

Mizuhara: "I'd like the smoked whole salmon, please." She responds, her signature grin present.

And with that, the waiter leaves, before leaving a bottle of alcoholic wine and 2 glasses on our table. I open the bottle and pour a little into me glass, before asking the girl opposite me:

Y/n: "Would you like some." I ask, a slightly nervous smile appearing on my face.

Mizuhara looks at me smiling back, before gently responding:

Mizuhara: "My, my, you're such a gentleman and yes, please." She replies politely

I pour enough wine to fill one third of the glass, before she gestures for me to fill it halfway, to which I comply. She then takes a look at the small amount I put in my own glass and asks, a genuinely curious expression on her face:

Mizuhara: "Why have you poured yourself so little?" She questions me, causing me to stutter a stutter a response.

Y/n: "I-I don't have a-a very high tolerance for alcohol." I say sheepishly, turning my face to the side a little in an effort to hide my embarrassment.

To my surprise, she responds in a way I never expected, showing a very different smile to the usual one. This one felt more... caring? It certainly didn't seem like she was acting in that very moment. 

Who knows? I thought to myself

Mizuhara: "Don't worry, that's nothing to be embarrassed about. In fact, that's very considerate and smart of you to pace yourself." She says, that smile still present, before it then grows back into her usual one that any man in their right mind would adore.