(12) Brain Forecast: Cloudy

Y/n's POV:

 The next few days pass by, nothing out of the ordinary. Ichinose and I manage to collaborate once for the presentation during this time, and it's safe to say that we're basically done, and way ahead of schedule too! As per usual, we fall into a short conversation about different topics. I also ask how her acting plans are going to which she seems to stiffen up, ashamed that she "isn't making progress". Apparently, repeat clients are getting less satisfied every time they go on another date. I begin trying to brighten her mood, before her emotions default back to their normal state. I ask her if there's anything I can do, only to be met with an almost aggressive "no."

If there's one word I'd use to describe Ichinose, it would be reserved. To most people, they would see her normal self as 'boring' or 'weird' but the time I've spent with her give me the opposite impression: she's incredibly inspiring!

Needless to say, she's beautiful, both on the outside and the inside. Someone who always tries to better themself. Someone who won't lie to you and speak from the heart, not to put you down but to wake you up so that you may do the same. Someone who gives it all to reach their goals. It pains me a little to hear that it's not going so well. While her situation is different to mine, her attitude towards her work isn't; we put our dreams ahead of everything else, relentlessly chasing it though it may never come true.

But why? Why do I care that much? Lately, I've been feeling a little light-headed whenever I think about her, which is becoming more frequent the more time I spend with her.

However, I've got to save these questions for later as my train of thought is interrupted by the sound of her voice:

Chizuru: "Y/n, about visiting my grandma, I usually go by myself tomorrow but since she requested to see you, would you like to come along?" She asks, to which I gently nod.

With that, she goes back into her own apartment, getting ready for yet another client. I take this time to investigate my feelings. I walk around the town, the sunset in the distance.

Never before have I felt like this, and I believe I certainly wouldn't if I hadn't already accomplished what I wanted. I walk further down, couples in mixtures of formal attire and casual wear surround the area, some walking in groups while others are alone. Their conversations being one-sided; when one talks, the others just agreeing in a bid to keep them happy. I don't see a single thing that represents how she and I interact.

So instead, I end up looking for a way to help her, preferably a way that won't cause her to instantly refuse. A few hours later, the moon makes it's appearance in all it's crescent-shaped glory. However, just like with my previous attempt, it falls flat before it even started. Damn it, why is my mind so clouded today? I think to myself, annoyed.

On the way back, I end up bumping into Kazuya, who's returning from the movies... with a girl?! I look surprised, causing him to catch on, quickly explaining.

Kazuya: "Oh, hi Y/n. This is Ruka Sarashina, my girlfriend. Ruka, this is Y/n, my friend." He says politely, introducing me to this girl.

Ruka: "Wow, so you're the guy he occasionally talks about. I guess I have to thank you then! If it weren't for you, then we probably never would have met!" She says smiling at me.

Y/n: "Huh? Why is that?" I ask, confused at whether I've missed something obvious.

Ruka: "Apparently, my love Kazuya was in a bad place but your words helped him out, so he started helping the community, which is where he bumped into me while I was out on a run. My heart never raced so fast before!" She exclaims happily while Kazuya just stands there, smiling awkwardly. 

He knows exactly what I'm thinking.

Y/n: "Sarashina, may I have a moment of your time please, just the two of us?" I say with a slightly stern expression, causing her to look at me in suspicion, before looking back at Kazuya who nods, gesturing her to do so.

Once we move a good enough distance away, I speak:

Y/n: "How long have you two been going out?" I asked, to which she quickly responds, matching my inquisitive expression with one of her own:

Ruka: "A couple of days, why?" 

Y/n: "And because you bumped into him, you feel that he's the right person for you? Don't you feel that's a little naive?" I ask, to which she begins to show a little anger when replying sharply:

Ruka: "Well excuse me! Who made you the master of love? I love Kazuya and I know it deep down. No-one else makes my heart beat as fast. No-one else is a caring as he is. He may wear his emotions on his sleeve a little too much, but that makes me feel much safer around him than any other guy. Anyways, what's the big idea with this interrogation?" She finishes, asking me a question of her own.

I breathe in heavily before responding:

Y/n: "Sarashina, I'm about to tell you something about Kazuya. He's probably already told you that he had another girlfriend in the past, but I bet he missed a couple of things out. Needless to say, he's a good friend of mine and he'd most likely kill me if he knows that I said this, but for his own good you need to hear it. I have no doubt that he loves you just as much as you love him. In fact, I've never seen him this elated for ages. However, he loved his ex with all of his heart as well, only for her to trample on it, moving onto the next guy mid-relationship, before then ending it. The result was that she was unbothered about the whole thing, while he was heartbroken. That is when I talked to him, trying to help him out and it looks like it worked. It's impossible to ask this of you but I'm going to regardless: if you ever have to end things with him, consider his feeling when doing so. I know him well, he could make even the worst girl happy, it's in his nature to elevate the people he's with. Please either end this quickly before it gets too deep, or be in it for the long run if you truly love him." I say seriously.

Her look towards me changes from one of suspicion to one of fierce determination. She responds:

Ruka: "...Thank you for letting me know. I will! I'll love him with all my heart, just as he's doing for me." She says, before smiling in appreciation as I nod, returning the gesture. 

She then runs back to Kazuya, giving him the tightest hug I've ever seen. Kazuya looks at me, to which I shrug, acting surprised at her sudden increase in affection towards him.

I wave goodbye to the best couple I've seen so far and leave, with a smile one my face. I'm glad Kaz finally got what seems to be a true relationship! I celebrate internally, before reaching my apartment, and going straight to bed.

Tomorrow I'll get back to understand whatever my feelings are trying to tell me are my last thoughts before drifting off, a smile on my face throughout the whole night.