(28) Deceitful Date

Chizuru's POV:

I avoid Y/n for the next couple of days, not ready to talk to him face to face. However, he did send me a 'thank you' over the phone after reading my message, seemingly overjoyed at being forgiven, which brought a small smile to my face. 

There's no time to get into all that today though, as I have a 'date' in an hour, a new client as well, so I need to make a great first impression, one befitting of a top girlfriend. After getting dressed, I leave the house, arriving at the meetup point just in time. Struggling to identify the client due to a lack of a description, I get ready to shout out their profile name in order to locate them. However, the client reveals themself, to my utter shock:

Mami: "Hello Mizuhara! I'm so excited to be going on a date!" The blonde girl says, with a wide smile.

I don't exactly know who this is, but I have a good enough idea. It's quite rare to get a female client in our line of work. Y/n's mistake may have been more costly than I thought. I think to myself, shaking my theory away after a couple of seconds. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Chizuru: "Hi! Shall we get started?" I say, going back into my 'girlfriend' persona and smiling back at her.

Her eyes stay glued to her phone as she responds:

Mami: "Wow, you're just as pretty as your profile indicates. How about some Karaoke?" She says, without a smile this time.

I quickly reply with a "Sure!" and we walk towards the karaoke bar.  As the girl books a room for us, the male at the desk looks up as if he'd seen a ghost. Do these two know each other? I thought, my suspicions returning. The boy at the desk stammers for a little while before leading us to the room.

Once we enter, the girl introduces herself:

Mami: "I just realised I haven't introduced myself, I apologize. My name is Mami Nanami, a friend of Y/n's. I'm sure you're aware of him." She says, with a seemingly innocent smile. One that may have fooled almost anyone but I see nothing but anger behind it. 

I nod my head, my hunch being confirmed. She's here because of what happened with Y/n!. I thought, putting my guard up. This isn't a rental date, this is something else...

She slides an envelope containing the fee for the date towards me.

Mami: "Let's get this out of the way." She says nonchalantly.

Chizuru: "I can't accept that." I say back to her.

Mami: "Just take it. Come on! This won't be an enjoyable date with cash just lying on the table!" She says sweetly, still hiding her true intentions.

She then places it in my bag before I had the chance to speak, frustrating me. The nerve of her! Who just goes into other people's stuff like that! I thought, cutting to the chase.

Chizuru: "How long have you known about my job?" I ask, hoping to catch her off guard to better figure out her intentions.

She answers while reading a magazine, looking bored at the question:

Mami: "For a couple of days, I guess?" She replies flatly.

"I happened to look up rental girlfriends and found out. You're super popular, huh? It says here that you're number one among all the rookies." She says with the same tone. 

Right, so she's also a liar. I thought to myself, glad that she didn't think Y/n had told me what had transpired a few nights prior.

"What do you usually sing at karaoke?" She asks, her deceitful smile returning.