(39) 5 Years Later: Chizuru

Chizuru's POV:

5 Years. It's been 5 years since we last saw each other face-to-face, and just like he predicted, I've gone to unprecedented heights in my acting career. I've yet to get an Oscar but according to my agent, I can count on it in the next few years.  Regardless, I'm just happy to be where I am. Although the work is hard, it's a dream!

Everything I worked for has paid off, with only one cost; the friend that helped me get there. Don't get me wrong, we've stayed in contact but even that is few and far-between. I suppose this was always going to end up happening if I made it big and because I saw it coming I had ample time to mentally prepare, but with every passing month, my thoughts of Y/n creep back into my head, and in greater number too.

He was pretty much my best friend... no. He was something beyond that. A kind and caring pillar of support. After all, if it weren't for him, I'd either not be here at or all or it'd at least take way, way longer. He's quite handsome too, which doesn't mean much, but it's a bonus I guess.

Just like how he felt towards me, I don't exactly know what I feel for him. Is it love? And if so, what type? Perhaps it's some sort of familial love? It's incredibly hard to say but the one thing I do know is that I'm... not ready for relationships like that... with anyone. 

Things came as I foresaw; eventually everyone I care for will no longer be with me, which kills me every time.

That day where I said goodbye, I was on the verge of breaking down completely. It took all of my strength to go through with my decision. That specific moment replays itself in my head more than any other memory. I still remember how it felt when we hugged... It was... nice

I wonder if he found a conclusion to his feelings for me? He's always been able to react well to situations, so he probably has, and with the distance between us now, I'm probably back to being a 'friend'.

Not only was he a great person, but a spectacular author. I've read every single one of his stories! The pictures he can make your mind create through just words alone are astonishing. He's also seen the movies I've featured in and found them quite entertaining. 'Stunning' were his exact words, which may have just been for the sake of flattering me but then again, he's usually the most impactful when he's honest, so maybe not.

Sumi has also quit being a rental girlfriend as she's achieved her dream of becoming an Idol, I may have been around many different countries, but her reputation is almost constant. We've been in touch, trading our experiences with each other. It turns out going on 'Tour' is very similar to how I have to travel around for different jobs and scenes.

Fast-forward to the present and I'm sitting on my bed, looking at the pictures of my grandparents, smiling but also a little sad.

"I did it! Grandma, Grandpa. My dream came true." I say out-loud, to no-one in particular.

That brings me onto a slight issue. It's quite lonely here. Yes, I get to work with many people but having no-one to properly trust and talk to about things that aren't work-related is quite hard to deal with at times. Despite how I've spent ages thinking that having someone for this type of stuff is a weakness, I still can't climb over that mountain...

I sit there thinking for at least another 10 minutes before my phone rings. It's my agent. I promptly answer, smiling:

Eko: "Hello, Chizuru?"

Chizuru: "Hello Eko! How are you?" I ask cheerily, happy with the prospect of another job so soon.

Eko: "I'm doing very well, thank you! As for yourself, I think I've got another role for you that may just make your day!" She says excitedly.

Chizuru: "Really? What is it?" I ask curiously, to which she responds with a question of her own.

Eko: "Have you heard of the 'Moonlight' collection?" She asks as I freeze.

T-That's Y/n's book. Right! It's been 5 years! That's when the first of the trilogy was going to be made into a film! 

Chizuru: "Y-Yes. I've read a couple of the authors books before." I answer a little shyly.

Eko: "Well then, I sent the director of the upcoming project an email, and he responded back. Obviously he'd be aware of your reputation, but you've also worked with him before, so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was only a day later when I received a response: an offer for the female-lead!" She shouts joyfully.

Wow... this could be the biggest movie of all, considering almost everyone I know has at least read his main trilogy of books. Is this real? Not only is this my biggest opportunity, but I could potentially be meeting him again, which would be the 'icing on the cake'.

Of course, I accept the offer right away and get prepared for a trip back to Japan. Please be there too! I thought to myself while deciding on what to pack. Surely he'll be there, they're his books after all.

I know the books inside out, so that will help massively with my performance.

Finally, I reach for a small black box, taking out a silver necklace with the one word; 'Kiku'. After putting it on, I lie down on the couch, speaking out one last time before I relax for a little while after all of the packing.

"Will we meet again?"

To be continued in: Together in the Moonlight