(10) Unexpected Meeting

Y/n's POV:

I accept the call after recovering from the surprise. 

She only ever calls once a week, has something happened? I begin to panic internally before I realise that my mother has been trying to talk to me the entire time.

Himari: "Hello, Y/n sweetie?" She says pleasantly, waiting for a response.

Y/n: "Hi mum, how are things going?" I ask, with enthusiasm.

My mother is probably one of the most caring people in the world. I love her so much that I wouldn't ever have moved away if she didn't practically force me to. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I was a bad kid or anything, rather because she wanted to make sure I can be independent if there ever comes a time where she's not around. She supported my choice to be a writer and even helped me with ideas in the early stages of my career.

Himari: "I just wanted to let you know that your father and I will be coming to visit you tomorrow morning. We want to properly see how you're doing."

Y/n: "Please, feel free! I don't think I'm doing anything tomorrow morning, and even if I was, I'd drop it in a heartbeat!" I say confidently

Himari: "Oh please, you do more than enough for us, sending us a cut of the money you make. I'm truly proud of the person you've become." She replies, with the warmth in her voice abundant.

We talk a little longer before she ends the call so that I may get enough hours of sleep. I shut off my phone, quickly tapping out.

Chizuru's POV:

Oh crap, I forgot to give him my number so that I can tell him where to meet with my friend for the 'date'. Plus it'd be far easier to arrange when we can work together. 

I guess I'll give it to him in the morning. I say, very tired. Soon later, I finally give into the sweet release of sleep

Tomorrow is another day...

Y/n's POV:

Once waking up, I immediately prepare the house for my parents arrival, even making a few extra bowls of rice porridge. Sadly, I misjudge the amount I'm working with and make one bowl too many... 

I'll just have to have one extra then... I begin to dread. My appetite has never been that large, so this'll be quite the task at hand.

A couple of minutes later, I hear a knock on the door. I open it, ready for their arrival:

Y/n: "Hey moth- Ichinose?!" I shout, clearly shocked at her presence so early in the morning. 

Chizuru: "Hey, do you mind if I come in?" She asks, a little startled at how loud I was.

I allow her in, sweating internally. Why is she here? I've got to get her out quickly before my parents get her... I really can't be bothered for that conversation...

She sits down, observing the bowls of porridge on the table.

Chizuru: "Are you expecting guests?" She questions me, pointing towards all the breakfast I had prepared.

Y/n: "Yeah, my parents are coming over, so I made extra, though it may have been one too many." I say, hearing the sound of a tummy rumbling which did not come from me.

Without hesitation, I offer her the spare bowl, to which she rejects at first, but assuring that it's alright, she finally digs in. I do too, enjoying the food I made, while also asking her why she's here.