(37) 'Finishing Up' Part Two

Y/n's POV:

Getting back to my apartment, I spot Ichinose in the middle of her exercise. She hears the door shut behind me and instantly stops, turning around and going slightly red. Yep, she's read the note... I thought as I approach her:

Y/n: "Hey... we've got to go and do that scene now, so long as you're ready." I say, waiting for her response.

It takes a little while as she just stares at me before uttering a response:

Chizuru: "Lets go." She says, her demeanour changing to 'Actress Mode'.

After she gets changed, she meets me and the camera crew outside our apartment and we walk to the site of the scene. After around 30 minutes we fully set up, ready to record. The moon glows over the castle, illuminating the black background into more of a dark blue. Perfect! Everything's coming together. I thought, happy that my decision to switch times payed off.

Eventually, I hear the words 'take 1' and in a snap, Ichinose steps up, giving a fantastic, awe-inspiring performance. I do my best on the side to oversee the different scenes and give the correct signals to the camera crew. However, my mind is occupied by the fact that we can get straight to screening once this is done.

20 more minutes pass before the whole thing is wrapped up in 3 different takes. 

Y/n: "Well done everyone!" I say, giving everyone a high five, to which they reciprocate.

We then leave the scene, going back to our rooms, ready to sleep.

Chizuru: "Now that it's done, I'm going to say it again. Thank you for making this movie. Have a good night." She says smiling earnestly.

Y/n: "You're very welcome, it was fun!" I reply.

And so, I we get ready to sleep. This time, I lie on the floor while she uses the bed. With the weight off our shoulders, we have no trouble 'nodding off' peacefully.

...

The next day, we all get up early and leave the hotel, handing our keys back to the receptionist, who we thank. We get back onto the train, headed back towards the area in which we live. Like our recent sleep, it came and went without any trouble. 

Afterwards, we split from the camera crew. I quickly hand them their last payment before catching up to Ichinose, on the way apartments.

The second I get back inside, I sprint towards my laptop, opening it and announcing the screening date to be in 5 days time at **:**.

Ichinose quickly leaves for the hospital after taking a shower, ready to tell her grandma the good news. I also add that my hiatus will be ending 2 days after the premiere (In 7 days). I relax for the rest of the day. There's nothing left for me to say to be honest... I guess we'll just have to wait the 7 days!

(2 Weeks Later)

...

It's... been a while since the premiere and though it was a success, the death of Sayuri, Chizuru's grandmother, came shortly after. As expected, Ichinose retreated further into her 'walls' and stopped communicating with me for a few days. After that, she started acting like everything's fine. I tried and tried, but I kept failing to break her out of her shell. I was almost ready to confess my love to her, hoping it would work but luckily, I didn't have to experience the possibility of rejection just yet.

I was walking around the park with her, a little later than usual, supporting her to the best of my abilities, until she broke. For one night only, she hugged me, head buried in my chest and sobbing. I held her there for as long as she needed. Once she calmed down, she was a little disappointed in herself that she let her feelings out, only for me to point out that it's normal for someone to do that, and that I'll be there every step of the way.

"Every step of the way, huh?" I said out-loud, alone in my apartment.

Fast-forward to the present, and many developments have occurred since then. The movie apparently caught the interest of a world-famous director, in charge of a well-known sci-fi movie adaptation. The director has given Ichinose a chance, and contacted her to discuss her taking the role of 'Emilia', a 'Supporting Female Heroine' in the story. Of course the pay is incredible, and above that, this is her chance to become a respected actress in her own right. However, everything comes with a cost...

Filming will be done in South Korea. They provide housing, but she'll be away for at least 6 months for such a large-scale production. And you know what? That would have been fine, until she told me about something she's been thinking about, or rather already done:

Chizuru: "I... I didn't want to make you worried, but I can't leave without letting you know."

Y/n: "...What is it?" I ask patiently.

Chizuru: "Obviously I'm leaving for my first major job today, but... when I get back, I'll be relocating. I've already given up my key to the owner of the whole block, so I won't be returning here. I'm sorry but I couldn't bring myself to say it... I guess I've betrayed your trust this time." She says sadly as my entire being sinks.

I could very well never see her again... We've been through so much... N-No, t-this is h-how it should be. Her dream is finally coming true. I said internally as she continues.

I guess I knew it would come to this at some point, but that certainly doesn't make it any easier. My expression seems to be obvious as she embraces me.

Chizuru: "From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything. Without your support I wouldn't be able to live out my dream." She says, as I feel few tears come down my neck, and though I was about to cry, these aren't from me.

I gaze at her face one more, taking it all in for what could be the last time. Chizuru Ichinose, my best friend, the girl I love. I get to see her one last time.

Y/n: "Y-You c-could never be-betray my trust, s-since I t-trust e-every decision you m-make." I stutter, tears of my own finally falling as I hold her tight. 

Eventually, our embrace comes to an end and we shake hands, saying our goodbye.

Chizuru: "Well... this is unfamiliar territory for me but... I'll miss you very much." She says sweetly through the remaining tears.

I was about to say goodbye, when I remember something:

Y/n: "-Wait here for a second. I almost forgot!" I say, breaking the moment as I run into my apartment, quickly grabbing the necklace I bought for her and handing it, in it's box, to her.

"Take it as a goodbye gift. Goodbye Ichinose." I finish.

Chizuru: "Please, it's probably the last time we'll see each other. Call me Chizuru, please?" She half-asks, a little shyly.

I smile once again, complying with her request.

Y/n: "Goodbye, Chizuru. I wish you the best of luck!" I say, bowing to her as she does the same.

And so she leaves, taking one last glance at me just before she goes completely out of sight.