(14) Deja Vu

Y/n's POV:

The next day approaches and I am currently waiting at the spot Ichinose arranged for me to meet her colleague but there's no sight of her so far.

5 minutes pass before I hear some people talking, crowded around someone. I go a little closer to them, eavesdropping on their conversation:

Random Male: "Oh? You're waiting for someone? Well they should've been here on time, who would keep such a cute girl waiting~" He coos, making me sick.

Random Male 2: "Yeah, why not come with us instead? We'll treat you so, so much better~" A second person says, causing me to snap

How dare these guys go to such lengths, truly disgusting! I thought angrily before quickly breaking through their wall in an attempt to rescue the poor victim of the nastier parts of society.

I hear a bunch of "Hey!"s and "Oi!"s as I do so, unmoved by their shouting. I go up to the girl, asking them if they're okay. Their face turns incredibly red and the look down, hiding their face beneath their long, salmon-coloured hair... wait... this is the girl I helped at the store!

I suddenly remember how shy they were back then and adopt a softer approach:

Y/n: "Hey, it's alright if you're scared. To be honest, I am too. Can you follow me out of here?" I say tenderly and she grabs onto my hand, shaking while her head is still held down.

I take her away from the group of men, who are currently chasing us. I lead her around the corner, asking if she could wait there for a bit, to which she faintly nodded. I turn back around, facing the group.

Four people huh? This could be a little difficult... I processed quickly before having to immediately dodge two blows from either side, which funnily enough caused them to hit each other. The other two rush in. I parry almost all of their attacks, utilising some moves my father taught me before eventually counter-attacking, throwing them off balance which causes them to fall to the ground, whining in pain. The first two coming back before I separate them, throwing them back into each other. 

The other two run off, abandoning their 'friends', to which I shake my head in annoyance before leaning down to the first two I fought, who look at me terrified.

Y/n: "Please don't do that again, unless you would like me to repeat what just happened." I say, smiling darkly to further intimidate them.

Sadly, in this world, there are some who will keep doing bad things until there is a brick wall in front of them, stopping them from doing so. Hopefully, I've scared them enough to create that 'wall'.

Once they nod frantically, apologizing multiple times before finally getting up and running away as well.

I take a moment to regulate my breathing, before finally going back to the girl, still waiting but with a shocked face since they could still hear what happened.

I calmly tell her:

Y/n: "Don't worry, they won't bother you anymore." I say, smiling lightly.

She's still too shy to look me in the face. I patiently wait for her as she tries over and over again to recollect herself. Wait, why's she wearing the same stuff my supposed 'date' will be wearing? 

...Oh, well at least I found them. They must've been hiding there this whole time if they're that shy. This must be 'Sumi Sakurasawa ' then.

Y/n: "You're Sakurasawa, right?" I say, hoping she wouldn't run away due to me knowing her name.